PDA

View Full Version : Running an Engine completley off of HHO

ranger2.3
06-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Has any body ran an engine completley off of HHO yet?

rmptr
06-28-2008, 07:06 PM
All I've seen are claims...

Seems it would be difficult for the variable throttle setting needed in motoring a vehicle down the road in traffic.

Far easier to accomplish for stationary engine at a fixed rpm, I think.

Instead of being reliant upon vacuum, in an inverse ratio to demand,
an air pump, such as for an aquarium could force air INTO cell and be metered at the intake????

Best

Phantom240
06-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Or having a responsive cell on a PWM which increases the frequency of pulses in proportion to engine RPM.

volomike
06-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Seems possible. I've heard of this with motorcycles so it could very well drive a car that way. However, the battery is what drives the entire HHO process, and you lose energy in that process as it goes through ohm loss on the wiring and so on. Yes, the HHO helps put back power on the battery, but then that drains the engine power back a little.

So, ultimately you would require recharging of your battery because there is no free energy going on here with HHO -- just a boost of existing fuel combustion in the case of mixing with petrol or gaseous fuels, or, in absence of those, a drain on your battery.

What's neat about HHO is that it sort of makes an electric car out of a traditional petrol-based one. If you run on pure HHO, then the only thing you have to charge up every night is the battery, which is cheap and about the most fuel efficient type of power consumption there is. And it lets you utilize an existing, traditional, petrol-based engine. Now, given a completely electric motor driven car, removing HHO out of the picture seems actually more powerful than using it. But who can afford one of those? Not me.

tbhavsar
06-29-2008, 10:01 AM
Check this website from Bob Boyce;

http://www.bobboyce.org/

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WorkingWatercar/

mneste8718
06-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm just wondering if the electrolytes that we use could potentially supply enough energy for the electrolyte to become the fuel rather than the gasoline.

I mean it seems that the KOH gets depleted after use and the energy must go somewhere and perhaps it could be enough so that we get enough HHO to be able to sustain a running car.

If someone has the numbers on how much energy the KOH releases, that would definitely help in figuring out what's the deal.

FruitJablanski
06-29-2008, 09:58 PM
It's clear why stanley/herman made the water fuel injector and installed it at the spark plug.

mneste8718
06-30-2008, 12:18 AM
It's clear why stanley/herman made the water fuel injector and installed it at the spark plug.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bs-Uk511S_I&feature=related

volomike
06-30-2008, 12:25 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bs-Uk511S_I&feature=related

Not that I don't doubt cold fusion might somehow be possible, and it would be wonderful it did. Not that I don't doubt that HHO generation might one day be possible to be altered in some fantastic way that once it is set in motion, it can replenish it's own draw (even just a little) on the battery amperage even without gasoline fuel by burning up HHO or hydrogen -- it's just that I am skeptical as I should be until I see something that amazes me and the experiment is shared so that others can try it and see for themselves some new atomic or quantum law in effect.

mneste8718
06-30-2008, 12:34 AM
Not that I don't doubt cold fusion might somehow be possible, and it would be wonderful it did. Not that I don't doubt that HHO generation might one day be possible to be altered in some fantastic way that once it is set in motion, it can replenish it's own draw (even just a little) on the battery amperage even without gasoline fuel by burning up HHO or hydrogen -- it's just that I am skeptical as I should be until I see something that amazes me and the experiment is shared so that others can try it and see for themselves some new atomic or quantum law in effect.

Well then drop a spark plug in water and supply high voltage to it :)

Ronjinsan
06-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Quick...where's my foil helmet, I feel a solar flare coming on!!:D:);)

volomike
06-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Well then drop a spark plug in water and supply high voltage to it :)

The key there being "high voltage" also known as "battery." Isn't exactly "running completely off HHO" at that point, is it? Now the day that someone gets the power back out of HHO production and into recharging the battery at the same time, and at an even level in addition to driving the car forward, that's the day I'll be sitting there in amazement.

ranger2.3
06-30-2008, 11:59 AM
How about an aftermarket alternator that produces 200+ amps, or just disconnect the radio in the car?

timetowinarace
06-30-2008, 12:33 PM
It's easy to be a skeptic. Three months of internet searching on HHO produced thousands of opinions that HHO boosters in cars could not work. "can't get more energy out then you put in" is quite common. It's easier to hop on this bandwagon than to think freely and realize that the auto alternator is already producing the amperage. It works because we are utilizing unused power for our little brute force electrolysis projects.

An IC engine that can run on HHO that is produced by the operation of the engine has the same type of skeptics. "a perpetual motion machine is not possible". Only this cannot be seen as perpetual motion. It must be fed fuel in the form of water. While it is true that you can't get more energy out than you put in, it's quite possible(fact) that our use of electricity is quite ineffeciant. After all, the lightbulbs in my home today use considerable less energy than they did twenty years ago yet they produce more light. I'm inclined to believe in another twenty years more gains will be made. On that assumption, it may prove that an IC engine producing and running on HHO is not using more energy than we put into it but that we are utilizing electricity in a more effeciant way. I certainly hope that humans can continue to advance technology.

Keep an eye out for the use of audio waves for electrolysis. It is and has been (for years) the turning point we need.

volomike
06-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Keep an eye out for the use of audio waves for electrolysis. It is and has been (for years) the turning point we need.

If something in the engine besides battery power can drive or augment the power feed to the electrolysis, then we might make the HHO unit more efficient. For instance, regenerative braking, capturing engine heat, solar energy, etc. -- all these things can contribute to making HHO units more efficient. But as far as a perpetual motion, I'm skeptical unless we learn to set off a cold fusion reaction here. Now sure, if we have HHO already generated for us (which, of course, would be dangerous), then sure it could drive a vehicle. And if we have hydrogen generated for us (again, dangerous to store), then sure, it could drive a motor (not a typical engine) using a fuel cell. But perpetual motion, no. Not unless someone figures out how to create a cold fusion reaction (and yet control it) with the electrolysis process, which then feeds the power to the electrolysis.

diablosdemon
07-01-2008, 01:51 AM
But perpetual motion, no. Not unless someone figures out how to create a cold fusion reaction (and yet control it) with the electrolysis process, which then feeds the power to the electrolysis.

If you want to see it work with your own eyes? well if you check out http://waterpoweredcar.com/pdf.files/Stan_Meyer_Full_Data.pdf you might get your chance...

You know if we all believe in what popular science feeds us, we could just sit on our hands, but what if they are wrong, what if there is more to this world than we currently understand? Maybe we could be the first ones to find and use it to help the world on many levels. Possibly even save it. Now doesn't that deserves a little time to investigate?

volomike
07-01-2008, 03:10 AM
check out http://waterpoweredcar.com/pdf.files/Stan_Meyer_Full_Data.pdf

Okay, the report seems impressive. And it seems like he's laid everything out for others to follow. So, I'm sitting here, waiting for someone to reproduce what he built and demonstrate it where it gets started by any power source and then cuts that power source and runs purely on HHO alone. I'd like to see it drive a vehicle at least 1/5 a mile without battery and without coasting, purely on HHO alone. At that point, then I tell you, I'll be completely amazed.

So far, all I've seen are very efficient draws on the battery, but the battery is still used.

ranger2.3
07-01-2008, 02:28 PM
If you were to cut off gasoline completley in a regular engine and make HHO the only fuel then wouldn't you have to measure it in the right proportions, or else the head(s) on the engine would blown off?

rmptr
07-01-2008, 02:40 PM
There's a youtube of a fellow directing hydrogen from a cylinder into a 5hp briggs generator with the carb removed. it runs... not sure how well.
best