PDA

View Full Version : Hydrogen Generator kits with heavy duty CPVC wide mouth mason jar lid.

abillya
10-19-2008, 03:43 PM
I have recently started custom machining heavy duty CPVC wide mouth mason jar lids for our generators, they are all one piece construction an have a 1/2" thick top surface that is drill and tapped for the terminal connections and hose barb connections, These also have high temperature gaskets under the lid and create a 100% seal.
I have recorded 1 to 1-1/2 liter per minute with my 316L stainless steel plate design.
Check out my website @ www.hydro-extra.webs.com

Painless
10-19-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm going to say this because I'm sure someone else will and I am always concerned when I see it:

Why use Mason Jars

We use mason jars because they allow you to better visualize operation, they do not break down like pvc and other plastics, they are inexpensive to replace, should you ever need to. I am yet to see one break.You can see exactly what your water level is. And they can take the heat.

Correct, except when a flashback occurs and the jar explodes, sending lots of assorted sized pieces of sharp glass flying in all directions at high speed.

Best scenario: Underhood damage.

Worst scenario: One of your customers was under the hood when it happened... I leave this to your imagination.

I have nothing against commercial HHO generators, I know that not everyone is confident enough to build there own and therefore they bring the technology to the masses. But please, please, please rethink your glass jars.

JonDoh
10-20-2008, 03:22 AM
agree... glass jars are way dangerous!

That's like beginner technology......

Dry cells the NEW tech

jrobe
10-20-2008, 10:16 PM
how much for just the lids already tapped? without a cell

sumdude
10-21-2008, 08:55 AM
yea i agree with the above statements. I do not want to put your idea down as i begun with my first few cells in a mason jar but the danger is there when a flashback occurs. It can cause some real danger.

tinkit
10-23-2008, 10:05 PM
I had a flash back, and it blew the plastic lid to pieces. The jar however stayed intact.
Tinkit:)

abillya
10-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Thanks everybody for your input.

I have been looking into some type of plastic jar that will withstand the temps. I will post my results once I find what I am looking for.
The last thing I would want is for someone to get injured over saving money for fuel.

HALS-GUNSMITHING
10-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't even use a bubbler. The water vapor still gets thru the bubbles any way. In addition to the check valve I use 3" schedual 80 for the body with O ring grooves machined into both the top and bottom so the top and bottom caps are lightly pressed on. In the event of a flashback getting past the check valve the top and or bottom would just pop off kind of like a dual preasure relief valve.

HALS-GUNSMITHING
10-26-2008, 05:44 PM
I have recently started custom machining heavy duty CPVC wide mouth mason jar lids for our generators, they are all one piece construction an have a 1/2" thick top surface that is drill and tapped for the terminal connections and hose barb connections, These also have high temperature gaskets under the lid and create a 100% seal.
I have recorded 1 to 1-1/2 liter per minute with my 316L stainless steel plate design.
Check out my website @ www.hydro-extra.webs.com

What are you using to seal the edges of the end plastes?

abillya
10-29-2008, 09:56 PM
I use a 650 degree high temp two part epoxy that is used for glass making forehearths.
It holds up pretty well but after awhile it does lift.
It does not disolve though it just lifts then I peel it off and recoat.
it last a few months but I'm driving 600 miles plus a week.