PDA

View Full Version : plate arrangement question?

stevo11
10-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Just recieved my plates today. I have 25 pcs 6"x6".
Originally i was going to do -nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+
The thing is I have 6 extra plates, I was wondering if i should addon the 6 extra and -nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn- or the opposite +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+?

BTW this is going to be a dry cell. So far I have drilled the plexi and tapped it for plumbing. I have knotched the stainless for wiring and am now cutting the gaskets.

Stevo

hydrotinkerer
10-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Just recieved my plates today. I have 25 pcs 6"x6".
Originally i was going to do -nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+
The thing is I have 6 extra plates, I was wondering if i should addon the 6 extra and -nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn- or the opposite +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-nnnnn+?

BTW this is going to be a dry cell. So far I have drilled the plexi and tapped it for plumbing. I have knotched the stainless for wiring and am now cutting the gaskets.

Stevo

What kind of vehicle are you putting this gen in? I ask because I built a 6"x6" dry cell. Mine is only +nnnnn-.

stevo11
10-22-2008, 08:54 PM
94 Camry 4 cyl.

Stevo

hydrotinkerer
10-22-2008, 09:09 PM
I put mine in a 95 camry 4cyl. To give you an idea on your production my gen puts out .5lpm at 6.25amps. I just today cranked up the amps to 10. I don't know yet what it puts out now. Didn't have time to test, Maybe tomarrow. I think adding the extra six plates might be overkill for the 4cyl.

stevo11
10-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Heya Hydrotinkerer,
did you have to do much modifications to your o2 sensor?

Stevo

hg2
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
I put mine in a 95 camry 4cyl. To give you an idea on your production my gen puts out .5lpm at 6.25amps. I just today cranked up the amps to 10. I don't know yet what it puts out now. Didn't have time to test, Maybe tomarrow. I think adding the extra six plates might be overkill for the 4cyl.

I've never seen a case of running too much hho.Everthing I've ever read says the more the better.
If you do end up with too much hho on a Camrys eletrical system please post those resuts.

hydrotinkerer
10-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Heya Hydrotinkerer,
did you have to do much modifications to your o2 sensor?

Stevo

I have an Efie installed. The first time I ran hho my milage dropped 7 mpg w/no Efie. I just turned the Efie up to 200mv today. I pulled a spark plug and they looked ok. I'll know how its doing (mpg wise) by the weekend.