PDA

View Full Version : does any one have the secret on 6.0 diesels

QUICK LIGHT
10-25-2008, 11:31 AM
I have a ford 6.0 diesel. We are putting out about 3 lpm. with NO increase in millage. I have lowered the voltage on the map sensor. We lowered the voltage on the barometer to make the computer think it is higher in altitude. Put a resistor to make the computer think the intake air is hotter than it is. Also put a resistor on the oil temp sensor to make the computer think it is hotter.
All of this has been done one by one 2 by 2 and all at once. We just bought a program to be able to tweak the factory computer. Does any one know what I should tweak on? Thanks in advance.

mytoyotasucks
10-25-2008, 12:08 PM
if u have a programmer, than u can adjust the fuel curve.

hydrotinkerer
10-25-2008, 05:33 PM
I've heard that the 6.0 has double shot injectors and they need to be converted to single shot in order to gain mpg's with hho.

QUICK LIGHT
10-25-2008, 07:16 PM
I've heard that the 6.0 has double shot injectors and they need to be converted to single shot in order to gain mpg's with hho.

I know the early ones had it but I think they have done away with it due to Ford not being able to controol it well enough and causing drive ability isues. Good point, I will need to look in to this. Thanks

Dave Nowlin
12-08-2008, 07:06 PM
I had a long talk with an engineer with Seigrene (an HHO supplier) today about my 6.0 diesel. I found them on E-Bay and read a warning they give telling you not to use an HHO generator on a Turbo with intercooler. I called to find out why. I was told that to effectively feed enough HHO to a 6.0 I would have to deliver 8 lpm to my engine. I was told that at that level of production there would be some carryover of the Potassium Hydroxide or Sodium Hydroxide to the vehicles intake. That would be precipitated out as caustic liquid in the intercooler and eventually eat the aluminum up. They have just finished up a scrubber design which can be put in the HHO delivery line to prevent carryover of moisture and caustic. I think I will go in that direction even though the prescribed system will draw 50 amps.

Dave Nowlin

stephane
12-09-2008, 05:33 AM
There is a system: to inject HHo not to the air but to the fluid (gasoline).
Problem with turbo is the intake pressure that suck in force the gas.
That mean you can have some Naoh or Koa mixed with the gas.
For this system you need a pump to push the gas in the gas oil.

here is no possibility to have fire back, gas oil without pressure is not flammable.