PDA

View Full Version : Auto Integration Issues

Critter17
06-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Is there anywhere on the board, or elsewhere, that deals with the issues that come up when actualy installing and using the hydrogen generators?
I keep reading bits about adjusting timing and also haveing to modify the cars computer to efficiently run with a gas/hydrogen mixture.

Stratous
06-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Most people dont have to mess with the timing or sensors. Several people do mess with them to get the very best gains. I personally didnt mess with anything on my truck, but its a deisel. There are threads that do deal with it. Read smiths thread, its several pages and is pretty informative. This is the link http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=61

h-power
07-04-2008, 04:33 PM
If you have a diesel with mechanical fuel injection there is nothing to do after installing the unit. If you have FI gasoline engine you will need an EFIE unit to realize any gains from your car. The on-board computer needs to be 'fooled' into thinking the air/fuel ratio is OK with the HHO running or it will try to make adjustments to compensate for what it thinks is a too lean running engine.

troymacdonald
07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
I'v run into the same issues. I just installed my cell on my truck and drove it around a little with the doodad turned on and it would appear as though my fuel gauge was moving down quicker than it should. This is by no means a scientific observation, but when I turned the device off I drove around some more and did not notice any significant change in fuel gauge...Again - far from exact science.

Since I'm driving an '03 F150 I know that I will have to fiddle with the O2 Sensor signals. I'll be starting the "assembly" on my EFIE device that I'm putting together from plans available at www.better-mileage.com. When I get that done I'll post my results.

On top of that there is more electronic work I want to do to really spiff out my generator if I can actually get this EFIE and generator to work like it should. For example, I want an in-dash electronic temp gauge and water level meter to measure the temp and water level. I also want to put a current limiter inline with main load to the generator to limit the power input to 20A max. So, if any really smart people know where I could come across schematics for these that would be, like, totally awesome!

:)

moore6649
08-11-2008, 07:14 PM
I also am running a 93 f150 5.0 liter engine 4wd. i am running 3 7 plate cells on strait 12v dc i have a pot wired in on the signal wire from the map sensor and an on/off switch on the signal wire from the 0xy sensor. planning to ad another 7 plates when i am off work next week. i have noticed improved performance. i am checking the milage this week. will know soon if i have it right.