PDA

View Full Version : build/design this pwm

kerry k
10-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I am working on a new tube type cell. Instead of the typical tube in tube design mine will be a 3 tube design (a tube in a tube in a tube) What I am wanting to do is to make the center tube neg. and the inner and outer tubes positive. Clear as mud right!

Instead of the typical pwm I was wondering if its is possible to make a pwm with 2 outputs that switch back and forth with some sort of pot. to control the switching freq.. The 2 outputs are connected to the inner and outer positve tubes with the common neg. connected to the center tube.

I am thinking that the switching current should help to dislodge gas bubbles, keep amp draw down and help keep the cell cool.

Let me know what think!!

mytoyotasucks
11-11-2008, 01:59 AM
OK can be done - I think, but u would be better off using 2 neg and 1 pos.

most PWM's adjust the neg output.

I just built a light duty PWM (15 amp) for testing and thinking it wouldn't take much more to have one with 2 outputs.

I want to build one that adjusts frequency, amps, and pulse.

still working on it.

will update.

scratch1676
11-30-2008, 02:33 AM
thanks for the link.

H2OPWR
12-02-2008, 12:49 AM
I am working on a new tube type cell. Instead of the typical tube in tube design mine will be a 3 tube design (a tube in a tube in a tube) What I am wanting to do is to make the center tube neg. and the inner and outer tubes positive. Clear as mud right!

Instead of the typical pwm I was wondering if its is possible to make a pwm with 2 outputs that switch back and forth with some sort of pot. to control the switching freq.. The 2 outputs are connected to the inner and outer positve tubes with the common neg. connected to the center tube.

I am thinking that the switching current should help to dislodge gas bubbles, keep amp draw down and help keep the cell cool.

Let me know what think!!

If you want to switch positive and negative you need to researck H-BRIDGES. I spent a couple of months with the same idea. I have since concluded that it will not help. I would like someone else with an open mind to do research. I am open minded and know that I could be wrong.

mytoyotasucks
12-02-2008, 01:14 AM
this week some time i want to build my next pwm, and it should adjust amps as well as freq - im building it to regulate upto 45 amps cont.

hope it works.

alpha-dog
12-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Could it be made to handle 60 amps with current limiting and variable freq. I'd be interested in building one maybe.
Russ

mytoyotasucks
12-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Could it be made to handle 60 amps with current limiting and variable freq. I'd be interested in building one maybe.
Russ

not sure cause diff size in wire - most likely can be done.