PDA

View Full Version : 2008 toyota fj

cosimo
10-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Has anybody tried a hho project on the v6 4.0 toyota. If so did you use a maf or 02 exenders. And are there any pictures.

dslim
10-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I would also like know to.

candyman55
10-31-2008, 11:30 PM
Newer toyota's have AFR sensors. They are designed to recalibrate the computer based on the signals from each other. I doubt that you will be able to defeat the computer with either modification.

Try an AFR signal calibrator, it should do the trick better than anything else I have found.

DrBrown
11-11-2008, 10:06 AM
By the time you spend the money to make the engine's computer adjust out the fuel and build an HHO cell you will have spend more money than it would have saved you for the next 3 years, seriously!

OBD2 gets more complex every year. The newer the car the harder to get mpg improvements. All I can say is good luck!

Super Fuel FX
11-11-2008, 05:20 PM
As a whole, the HHO community should boycott any vehicle that is complicated to increase gas mileage from! I know my F150 is going to be more difficult than other makes because of the stupid MAF instead of MAP sensor:mad: There should be a "Vehicle for Sale" website dedicated to the HHO Community, like a planned one for the Biodiesel/WVO vehicles.

Ride-4-Fun
12-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi all,
We all hear a lot of different things and during our pursuit to getting this stuff going some true and unfortunately a lot more has been a waste of time leaving us exhausted/frustrated. I would like to offer up ideas I have herd on the computers. On newer cars reset the computer. There are different shut down procedures for each model. I was told that it will readjust to the parameters with the HHO when it is initialized with it. For older cars there is a memory keep alive wire that can be interrupted on shutdown with a solenoid. I would like to see someone try that. If the thing worked and the computer adjusted it away, force the computer to start from it's original parameters every time you turn the key on.
I own several vehicles but actually purchased a Suzuki Samurai to get this to work thinking it would be simpler and even that thing with a carburetor has issues. I will post complete results for viewing when done.

screwballl
12-31-2008, 12:30 PM
As a whole, the HHO community should boycott any vehicle that is complicated to increase gas mileage from! I know my F150 is going to be more difficult than other makes because of the stupid MAF instead of MAP sensor:mad: There should be a "Vehicle for Sale" website dedicated to the HHO Community, like a planned one for the Biodiesel/WVO vehicles.

This would mean almost any newer vehicle made in the US since 2003/2004 which is when the government mandated specific mileage requirements and has the computers set to modify the mileage/gas intake if it notices it is getting to high. They are set to get specific mileage and increases fuel (lowers lmileage) if it gets too high. This is why most newer vehicles get only 2-5 mpg more on the highway, since they have "distance traveled in past 24 hours".

Versus this old 1989 Olds Cutlass 4cyl I had with removed O2 sensor and modified OBDI computer got 22-30 mpg in the city and as high as 42mpg highway (long before HHO was getting mainstream attention, and before I knew of it). The computer was modified to ignore commands to drop mileage allowing it to run lean but still strong.

Maybe this will help others.

dslim
01-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Anyone know if there are people working on a mod. for this new toyota sensor?