PDA

View Full Version : Correlation with LPM

DrBrown
10-31-2008, 03:55 PM
I have questions about elektrolyte and cell design. I started assembling my cell last night. It's going to be a PVC smacks style design, probably 16 plates as his original was. It's tried and true so its a good starting point for me to learn more with while trying to efie my car.

I planned on using lye in the water mix. Obviously adding more of it in the bath will make the cell more volitile to produce gas, in turn raising the amps drawn. I'll be honest...Im too lazy and cheap to replace my alternator with a better one to support the extra amps the cell will draw and I dont want to pull so many amps that it ruins my alt either. I drive an hour to and from work so I need to stay under 25 amps to keep from boiling. A lot can happen in an hour! Is the best way to maximize HHO output for lower amp draw to design the cell to draw less amps or just control amps by % of lye in the bath? Obviously you can achieve 25 amps max both ways, Im just wondering what hte output would be between the two methods. Suggestions would be very helpful. Thanks folks.

mytoyotasucks
10-31-2008, 04:37 PM
ok to design one that uses less amps and still gets good production = hard

myself i use the electrolyte to control the amps for now, will be building a pwm.