PDA

View Full Version : Do you like this HHO Forums logo?

volomike
06-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Do you like this logo for the forum that I drew up?

See attached image.

Note the resolution is a little down because I had to reduce the image to publish to the forum, but I can improve that easily and I can also change the color scheme slightly as someone suggests.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 03:08 AM
I think it is neat, But maybe a little blue or something to contribute to the whole water idea,just a thought, nice work though, did you use Photoshop?

volomike
07-03-2008, 04:35 AM
Inkscape on Ubuntu Linux. I not only want to stick it to the oil companies for cheating us, but stick it to Microsoft, the software company that's founders lied before a grand jury and got away with it.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Inkscape on Ubuntu Linux. I not only want to stick it to the oil companies for cheating us, but stick it to Microsoft, the software company that's founders lied before a grand jury and got away with it.
lol, what did they lie about, i don't really like windows either but i thought i was a computer geek, and tried linux a few times and couldn't get the hang of it.

admin
07-03-2008, 07:39 AM
That is a pretty nice logo.

Definitely try to add some blue and I'll put it up! Submit it to me in adobe illustrator format? teknikl@gmail.com

computerclinic
07-03-2008, 11:44 AM
I think is a nice looking piece Volo....Perhaps we can get others to contribute some ideas as well by providing some incentive to take the time to do it. I have some plates that are not drilled out yet- I will donate them to the cause if anyone else wants to contribute to the pot, I think it will sweeten the deal...Maybe run the contest till Labor Day?

Just a suggestion...BTW....LINUX ROCKS! F-Microsoft!

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:32 PM
I have an idea, Why dont we have a contest for the new logo?, that could be some fun,

volomike
07-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Okay, here's the newer version based on yall's feedback.

PAPAFIXIT
07-04-2008, 03:20 PM
How bout this one.

joshsbrain
07-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I just registered, and I am really excited about this stuff! I am currently working on a Lincoln Towncar, as I am a taxidriver in Honolulu...I use 15000$ in gas per year, so got to get this goin asap!

rmptr
07-04-2008, 07:00 PM
I like the beaker w/blue water best.

The beaker convets 'experimental' and we would like people to ask what we are experimenting with... an opportunity to spread the word!

Best

volomike
07-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Mike and I are tweaking the logo a bit. We'll get it in a moment. He had me resize it and change the colors a little. I've emailed it to him and it should be up on the site soon.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-05-2008, 04:05 AM
How bout this one.
its a little sketchy, but yeah i definitely like the blue one better,

volomike
07-07-2008, 01:35 AM
its a little sketchy, but yeah i definitely like the blue one better,

I submitted the revised logo to Mike but evidently he's not using it yet. My latest one has the O filled in properly, the FORUMS isn't pixelated as much, the blue gradient of the water is smoother, and the background color blends with the page better.

Omega
07-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Great job, volomike!

I agree with you on your stand on the oil companies and Micro$oft.

I'm not using Linux on this box, but I plan on building one soon to use Linux on. Since XP isn't readily available anymore and Vista really sucks, Linux is looking better all the time.

Hawaiian
07-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Volo that logo looks great!