lastic
11-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Would 10 gage silver rod make good electrods

overtaker
11-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Send them to me and I'll test them for you. :D

Randohr
12-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Anyone try colloidal silver in the electrolyte solution to electroplate the negative plate with silver for better life and conduction? I've been wanting to try this. A natural antimicrobial solution and a plate conditioner...hmmm:D

Randohr
12-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Lastic,
By using ten gauge silver electrodes in distilled water, you produce a colloidal silver solution. A tasty addition to anyone's medicine chest. The negative electrode will produce hydrogen, but not enough to be concerned with. I use a 30vdc power supply (low current) from an old printer with .9999% pure silver electrodes. NO SALTS ADDED!!!! EVER!!!! NO electrolytes! Takes longer to get a quality solution, but at least no one will turn "blue blood".

Randohr
12-10-2008, 05:57 PM
It takes me about 2 hours to make a quart of high quality Colloidal silver solution. The silver is suspended, positively charged particles, or so I've read. I haven't tried it yet, but I would think the positively charged silver would very quickly go to the negative plate. The best way to find out is to try it. I'll let you know if it does anything useful.