PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Bubbler for One-Way Valve -- Danger?

volomike
06-29-2008, 10:55 PM
George (father-in-law) and I are using an electrolyzer configuration from the Power Tube Kit you can see on YouTube. We're using a bubbler that has failed us, however -- it was made from a plastic Jiffy jar.

The bubbler we had was melting slightly. This was because the engine vacuum was so great that it sucked in electrolyte water out of the electrolyzer and into the bubbler, causing it to melt.

We had the idea to get a one-way gas valve, instead, but wanted to know if there are dangers with using such a valve?

Some postulations, perhaps:

- Might not close fast enough to be a good fire arrestor

- if the config has a powerful vacuum on it, and the water can't come out of the electrolysis unit because it is blocked by the valve, does that mean it will cause the water to be under such a high pressure that it will crack the electrolyzer unit? Or, couldn't it crack the unit because after suction there is drawback, and with a one-way valve, it can't drawback air?

Ronjinsan
06-30-2008, 05:49 AM
HI ....I tried to answer this for you in another section but I see you asked again here. You have answered your own question on the flame arrestor aspect....it wont work as that! On the other hand it does have the effect of keeping water from flushing back. I test all my containers for leaks by doing the following test, make sure you have all the equipment attached and ready to go then disable the HHO cell by removing the power to it somehow. Now start the engine and look into the bubbler while its running you should have no air coming through the bubbler at all, if you do then you have a leak somewhere. If you dont then lucky you, as most of the people I have done this test on have had leaks some were very bad! Bottom line on the bubbler is, make a good one as large as you can and as solid as possible. Dont put flimsy little pastic containers in you engine compartment, do it properly! Regards :D Oh yeah that test ONLY works for the sensible people who are running a vacuum on the cell!

volomike
06-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Oh yeah that test ONLY works for the sensible people who are running a vacuum on the cell!

Please explain the vacuum on the cell part. All I know is that we're creating tremendous vacuum by air sucking in above the fuel injector.

Omega
07-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Please explain the vacuum on the cell part. All I know is that we're creating tremendous vacuum by air sucking in above the fuel injector.

I think he's talking about hooking the HHO into "manifold vacuum" as compared to air intake. The manifold vacuum method is a much more powerful "draw" than through the air intake.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 03:01 AM
Why do you get so much vacuum? mine isnt any where near that much vacuum, also why not just use less water?, or add another check valve, so a total of three,