PDA

View Full Version : Tried other things, now ready for HHO

04Dodge4.7
11-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Since I bought my gas guzzler Dodge with a 4.7 liter V8, I've searched for ways to save gas. I've experimented some myself by installing an Airaid throttle body spacer, a K&N drop in filter and fiddling with acetone-with some success.

I've been intrigued by those of you who have been experimenting with HHO. I unfortunately though, don't have the discipline that many of you have to experiment as you have. (Kudos to you for being pioneers).

I am looking for a somewhat off the shelf package that I can use on my Dodge (and install myself--I'm somewhat handy). I of course want a good bang for the buck, (a high producing device for the money). Does anyone have a suggestion? I am leery of buying something that might be snake oil (or near snake oil) so I'm asking you.

Painless
11-07-2008, 10:15 PM
I have a 2006 Dodge 1500 with the 4.7, so far with HHO I've gone from 17 to 21 mpg and am not giving up there.

You will need to be prepared to work with the electronics if you want gains, nothing too in-depth though.

If you want the easy route, you could buy an EBN dry cell, you'll want something that puts out 2 or preferably more litres per minute of HHO.

If you're prepared to build, then you could make a dry cell of your own fairly easily, my own thread will give you an account of my own work in building a dry cell from easily obtainable parts and modifying the electronics to accept the changes.

Here's a link to my thread:

Painless experiment in HHO (http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=771)

Best of luck on your venture.

Russ.

04Dodge4.7
11-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Russ,

Thanks for your advice. I've been following your experiments for some time on this web site and Youtube. I've frankly been a little overwhelmed with knowing where to start. I don't want to spend a lot of time building something only to find that you or someone else found a better, more efficient way to do produce HHO. I've read a little about EBN and people recommend them. I'll check out thier web site and your link and see if I can find a good "starting place."

Thanks again,

Adam

Painless
11-09-2008, 02:08 PM
The best advice I can give you right now is to stick to dry cells, also, when you come to install utilise the nice big space we have behind the grill. Cooling there is a huge asset.

As for an order of procession, I would first start by getting a cell installed and plumbed up to your throttle body. 2-3 litres per minute is the minimum for production on our vehicles for decent gains. At first, even with that amount of gas, you probably won't see any gains or losses (unless the ECU programming is vastly different on you 2nd gen compared to my 3rd gen). This will come with the electronics, which I can show you how to build with a visit to Radio Shack.

You might also want to seek out RadGenH2O's videos on youtube. He has a 2006 4.7 just like mine.