PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried urine?

in_style
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
as an electrolite? it is full of electrlites. It acctually contains 1.5 volts. There is a company in some other country that is makeing **** powered batteries.
Pure urine contains plenty of h20 and therfor plenty of hho. I would like to find out what happens, but don't much feel like peeing into my tube. lol

3Wolf4
11-10-2008, 10:37 PM
Wouldn't there be an odor when it got warmer or "Hit with the Juice"?

HALS-GUNSMITHING
11-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Their would probably be mineral deposits and amonia gas.

IronBear
11-13-2008, 01:50 PM
The suspended waste proteins and various mineral salts would beg for it to be settled before it could be used. Possibly you could boil it off and seperate the wastes from the basics, but the energy to do that probably outweighs the effectiveness.

Better to stick to known variables.

patricke123
11-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Oh well :( I was going to start selling "Patrick's Secret Magic Electrolyte" on ebay for $5 an ounce :D

HALS-GUNSMITHING
11-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Oh well :( I was going to start selling "Patrick's Secret Magic Electrolyte" on ebay for $5 an ounce :D

That's way too funny! Thanks for the laugh.

admin
11-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Come on now, be serious.

we all know there's ammonia in urine, and that would kill you in gas form I'm sure.

screwballl
12-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Urine aka in more pure form, Urea, is (NH2)2 CO

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Urea.png/120px-Urea.png

Now human or animal urine may be similar but as the acidity/base of it varies on what we eat and drink and smoke, and with the added amount of waste materials in it, there would not be a real baseline measurement system unless someone did nothing but eat one thing that caused his urine to be a specific alkalinity for a week or so.

I comment on this slightly older thread because I read something about this online some weeks back and this was the key argument against it.

smid1
12-19-2008, 07:54 AM
won't pee freeze too ?

IronBear
12-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Come on now, be serious.

we all know there's ammonia in urine, and that would kill you in gas form I'm sure.

Actually there is no ammonia in urine. Ammonia is a byproduct of the breakdown of urine by bacteria. If its clarified before using, you should have no ammonia.

Ammonia will not kill you in concentrations you will probabaly encounter. Ask anyone who has ever left their cat box sit for too long....:)

Stevo
08-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Just found this thread. In healthy humans, urine is sterile unless there are complications such as a urinary tract infection. So it all comes down to what the urine comes in contact with: air, the supply container, the electrolyser, ect... Seems like it would be fairly easy to sterilize your rig before adding the electrolyte.

Helz_McFugly
09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
well I couldnt resist. I put on my gas mask and gave it a try. I filled a glass with half water and dropped my cell in it and added my self made elecrolyte :p and it bubbled, after about 30 seconds it started foaming black and getting lots of gunk so I put a lighter to it and it popped at which point I ended the experiment. very nasty. no idea why I tried this :confused: