PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, A newbe with questions.

Fish-N-Fool
11-13-2008, 08:22 PM
I have lots of ideas and lots of questions, but one in particular to start with. I want to run a vacuum operated electric switch to power my HHO generator as a safety switch. So it would only produce HHO when the engine was running. Has any one ever heard of this before, or if you have tried this and if so where did you get your switch? I have been looking for one on the net that could handle 30 some Amps and I have not found much so far. Any have a line on one?
I have designed my own wet cell and dry cell that uses the same plates so I can test which is the best for HHO production as well as Amps used and heat build up. I plan to do a 17 plate wet cell unit that runs
+NNN-NNN+NNN-NNN+ in one tank, then I plan to test a 15 plate total unit in 3 tanks that runs +N-N+ 5 plates in each tank. Last I plan to do a 17 plate dry cell with +N-N+N-N+N-N+N-N+ and one the same as my first wet cell idea. My plates are 6"x 3" 316L 12ga
Any comments or ideas on my design as if you have tried any of this before would help.
Tnx Rick

Painless
11-13-2008, 08:33 PM
The easiest way to have your cell operate only when the engine is running is to either wire it off of the fuel pump or the ASD (Auto ShutDown) relay if your vehicle has one.

HALS-GUNSMITHING
11-13-2008, 09:42 PM
If you wired it to a vacum switch every time you would excelerate you would loose vacum and stop production when you needed it most.

Super Fuel FX
11-13-2008, 11:01 PM
If you isolate the vacuum switch with an automotive relay, the vac switch doesn't need to handle 30A, just the relay and associated wiring. Hal's is right about the vac as well. Better off tying into the TPS instead.

Fish-N-Fool
11-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Now that I think about it Hal is right about the manifold vacuum drop then your on the throttle. I don't know if my rig has a ASD or a TPS. Not even sure what TPS is, :confused: but what came to mind was Toilet Paper Syndrome. I kinda think that anit right. LOL :D
I think the first rig I plan to put this on is my old dump truck. That is the rig I thought the vacuum switch would work on. It is a 1973 Ford F-850 with a 391 industrial gas motor and a 5 speed tranny. It currently gets about 6 mpg unloaded 14,500 Lbs. and loaded 38,000 Lbs. it's more like gallons per mile. :( But no computers or smog crap to deal with. That way I can test the unit by its self with no O2 or map sensors to worry about. I want to put it one my 99 Explorer with the overhead cam 4.0 L V6 after that. That's the rig I'm not sure if it has the ASD or TPS on. It currently gets about 20 mpg. I have 6 rigs total that I hope to get one on each someday.
Any Ideas on what I could use as a safety switch on my old 73' Ford dump truck?
Tnx Rick
And Tnx for adding me to ur group. :)

Super Fuel FX
11-14-2008, 10:21 PM
TPS stands for Throttle Position Sensor. It tells the ECM how heavy your right foot is, and dumps the gas through the injectors. It also helps coordinate timing.

Realtyroy
12-04-2008, 03:29 AM
On that old dump truck you probably still have a point style ignition system and you could go to your fuse box and get ignition on only power for your relay but you would have to make sure you don't leave the key on without the engine running. You probably always have the engine running while raising or lowering the dump right? You might be able to tap into the oil pressure switch and on a 391 I think its right next to the oil filter adapter. Replace the stock one wire switch with a two wire switch, the second wire only has power when there is oil pressure. Use that second wire to power the trigger side of your relay for your booster.

kfortner51
01-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Suggestion on your plate sequencing if you have not figured it out by now.

Make sure you have more (-) negative connections than (+) positive.

ex. -NNN+NNN-NNN+NNN- Hydrogen production is from the negative plates

Q-Hack!
01-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Suggestion on your plate sequencing if you have not figured it out by now.

Make sure you have more (-) negative connections than (+) positive.

ex. -NNN+NNN-NNN+NNN- Hydrogen production is from the negative plates

I keep seeing this myth on the internet in various forms... Not sure why it is believed as much as it is. The number of negative plates has absolutely no barring on HHO production. People try to wrongly explain that you get more hydrogen by having one more negative plate than positive. The amount of hydrogen is based on how many H20 molecules get broken up, not by how many plates there are. Yes, hydrogen is attracted to the negative plates (or negative side of an unconnected plate). But it has no barring on production rates. A +|||||-|||||+ configuration has the same efficiency as a -|||||+|||||- configuration.