PDA

View Full Version : Custom Cut Plates - any size, shape, etc.

patricke123
11-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I have friend who does custom metal fabrications and can cut custom stainless steel plates any size, shape, etc. you want. If interested in some custom cut plates just let me know and I will send you a quote. I should be able to get a REALLY good price.

Thanks,

Patrick

umim
05-17-2009, 01:18 AM
OK. 5"x5", 316SS. How much?
Thanx.

mbjhho
06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
what would 6"x6" cost me per plate???????
does he cut gaskets too???
mbjhho@yahoo.com

sgwilliams
07-25-2009, 03:44 PM
How about a quote for 40 of these...

http://turboefx.l4rge.com/dloads/316.pdf

also need someone to give me a quote on making these I need 4

http://turboefx.l4rge.com/dloads/LEXAN.pdf

send quote to turboefx@yahoo.com

JumpStart65
07-25-2009, 11:16 PM
How about a quote for 40 of these...
http://turboefx.l4rge.com/dloads/316.pdf
also need someone to give me a quote on making these I need 4
http://turboefx.l4rge.com/dloads/LEXAN.pdf
send quote to turboefx@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call,,, Larry Gouge, of EMItTech, for info on custom
laser cut plates, acrylic, gaskets etc. for HOD parts.

EMI-TECH, INC.,, CARGOPAL.com
CONTACTS, Larry Gouge Ext # 14

Phone:
Toll free:
936-254-3451
800-948-2177
Fax:
936-254-3049

PatL

sgwilliams
07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
thanks I will give him a call some time this afternoon, also I need to make a change to the lexan print...Material will now be acrylic. I was informed that Lexan is not a good material to use fo these cells...FYI

I will also update the print when I return to the bat cave later this afternoon.

sgwilliams
07-28-2009, 07:02 PM
UPDATED PRINT IS AT http://turboefx.l4rge.com/dloads/ACR.pdf

jansan
06-22-2011, 07:59 AM
Can anyone please quote me, 50 plates of 316L SS gauge 20 attach to drawing?
I have the dwg or dxf file if necessary
Thanks
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5493/drycellplates.jpg

myoldyourgold
06-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Here is a quote for you $0.22 per square inch plus shipping. If my math is correct it would be $396.00 I would suggest 18 gauge.

Quebecker
07-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Here is a quote for you $0.22 per square inch plus shipping. If my math is correct it would be $396.00 I would suggest 18 gauge.

HI Myoldyourgold !!!!

Do you have a model of effective plaque to suggest ?
A model to build a reactor capable of producing about 1 LPM

Thanks in advance

myoldyourgold
07-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Do you have a model of effective plaque to suggest ?
A model to build a reactor capable of producing about 1 LPM

I only have some basic principles that I use. Some of these only make very small differences but do make a difference.

1. The distance the bubbles travel should be as short as possible. (rectangle)
2. The input port should be at least half the size of the exit port.
3. Input port should be not less than 1 inch above the bottom gasket.
4. Input port should be staggered.
5. In put port should not be close to the electrical connection. (Duel connected plates)
6. Use Duel electrical connections cattycorner.
7. For one l lpm you need a 15 plate 2 stack 4 x 6 reactor. This should make you 1 lpm with reasonable amperage. Something between 12 to 20 amps.
8. End plates both should have input and exit ports.
9. The center plate should have no ports.
10. Add a normal gasket between the last plate and the end plate. Not a full gasket. This creates a pocket of electrolyte that helps maintain proper levels and reduce heat.
11. All plates should be media blasted or at least cross sanded. Media blasting is much better. Media blasted create less heat which allows you to run more amps with out damaging your plates or less amps to create the same lpm.
12. Insulate all ports with Weld-on 16 (I use 1802) at least 1/2 inch. Only sticks if the plates are media blasted!!

I am sure others have just as good principles or designs but this is what I follow when building a bipolar series reactor. There are some exceptions like if you are using slots across the top for exit ports the input port will be much smaller than half that area. Remember this is my BASIC principles.

Quebecker
07-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I only have some basic principles that I use. Some of these only make very small differences but do make a difference.

1. The distance the bubbles travel should be as short as possible. (rectangle)
2. The input port should be at least half the size of the exit port.
3. Input port should be not less than 1 inch above the bottom gasket.
4. Input port should be staggered.
5. In put port should not be close to the electrical connection. (Duel connected plates)
6. Use Duel electrical connections cattycorner.
7. For one l lpm you need a 15 plate 2 stack 4 x 6 reactor. This should make you 1 lpm with reasonable amperage. Something between 12 to 20 amps.
8. End plates both should have input and exit ports.
9. The center plate should have no ports.
10. Add a normal gasket between the last plate and the end plate. Not a full gasket. This creates a pocket of electrolyte that helps maintain proper levels and reduce heat.
11. All plates should be media blasted or at least cross sanded. Media blasting is much better. Media blasted create less heat which allows you to run more amps with out damaging your plates or less amps to create the same lpm.
12. Insulate all ports with Weld-on 16 (I use 1802) at least 1/2 inch. Only sticks if the plates are media blasted!!

I am sure others have just as good principles or designs but this is what I follow when building a bipolar series reactor. There are some exceptions like if you are using slots across the top for exit ports the input port will be much smaller than half that area. Remember this is my BASIC principles.

Wow !!!!

To date, this is one of the best summaries I've had the chance to learn.

Thank you very much !!!:)

However, I have two questions

1- You say "The center plate should have no ports. "

If my setup is -NNNNNN+NNNNNN-, this means that the positive plate (number 8) will have no holes (no ports) ?

2- You say "Input port should be staggered."

I have difficulty understanding, staggered in height, in width and how ?
Do you have some pictures ?

Thanks in advance

nst6563
07-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Wow !!!!

To date, this is one of the best summaries I've had the chance to learn.

2- You say "Input port should be staggered."

I have difficulty understanding, staggered in height, in width and how ?
Do you have some pictures ?

Thanks in advance

myoldyourgold knows his stuff - he 's helped me immensely with my setup now that I've gotten back into the hho with drycells.

For the input ports - staggered means just that. One on one side , one on the other. In other words, you could drill the ports towards the left side on all the plates and when assembling the cell flip every other plate so that the port is on the right (assuming the plates are symetric).

Quebecker
07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
What is the recommended thickness for the SS316 plates and the gaskets ?

myoldyourgold
07-07-2011, 05:07 PM
To me gaskets depend on the size of the plates (active area).

10 square inches of active area or less on one side of one plate I use 1/16
11 square inches of active area or more on one side of one plate I use 1/8
Both are 1/2 inch wide 60 to 80 durometer.

Others use 1/16 for everything and if it works for them good. I found with the larger plates and more gas you need more room for the gas to move out faster and with less resistance.

Power plates should be 18 gauge but neutrals can be 20 gauge. If you are media blasting I recommend they all be 18 gauge. It makes it easier to media blast.

Umbrella-korp.com
07-16-2011, 11:33 PM
i am interested in the plates can i get a number for a quote

wangzp
07-17-2011, 11:16 PM
well~~~~~~~~~~~~~~