PDA

View Full Version : plate edge corrosion

overtaker
11-17-2008, 08:19 PM
Has anyone noticed any difference with corrosion around the edges of plates that were laser cut vs. other methods? I heard the question asked at the show and I thought I would throw it out there.

Super Fuel FX
11-17-2008, 09:46 PM
What about applying a lacquer or some other sealant on the edges so that we don't ever have to worry about that? Once the cell is assembled, anything that you use will not be in contact with the electrolyte, so it should be ok. Kinda like a liquid wrap (sounds like the crap my mother makes when she's on her diet kick!):D

Q-Hack!
11-19-2008, 01:15 AM
What about applying a lacquer or some other sealant on the edges so that we don't ever have to worry about that? Once the cell is assembled, anything that you use will not be in contact with the electrolyte, so it should be ok. Kinda like a liquid wrap (sounds like the crap my mother makes when she's on her diet kick!):D

Many of us have looked for the magic formula to seal the edges with... most solutions are marginal at best. I had the best luck with the 3M Marine Goop, but even that gave way over time. The best solution is to just build a dry cell and not worry about the edges since they will be outside the gasket.