PDA

View Full Version : The Side Income Aspect of This

volomike
06-30-2008, 10:42 AM
I would think that for anyone who ends up with a design that seems to last a good bit, have the easiest maintenance, and gets the highest production -- he's going to be making an ample side income. If I figure this out, and I'm not too far from that already, then I just might end up with people in my whole town coming by to either see how we did it or to get us to build them a kit or install it as well. Might make a very generous side income that even beats the gas mileage savings.

I heard somewhere that the Power Tube Kit guy who sells his units on eBay is doing very well now with this side income.

howtomakeitwork
06-30-2008, 11:29 AM
how could you avoid law suits?
seems like when you are adding something to someones car, and anything goes wrong, they could point the finger back at you as the problem......

but i know that we have talked about that- it just seems like a good second income and awesome to help people with gas prices!

volomike
06-30-2008, 01:36 PM
It seems a lawyer in town with a good solid disclaimer should end the customer's dispute, but that might have to be one heck of a disclaimer to cover all the bases.

One could, of course, sell the unit by kit on eBay, and with the usual disclaimers, and to clearly state that this is for experimental use only. At that point, the customer can't get very far in court.