PDA

View Full Version : Not enough amps?

urbanvibration
11-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi All,

I'm currently having trouble with the Water4Gas design using Lye as a catalyst. After reading this forum for a while I'll probably go for a new design completely but I've a few questions on this design first.

I'm using a triple glass jar design with twice as many winds as the instructions say to use as I though this might give more HHO. I was using baking soda as a catalyst but have changed to 99% pure Lye.

I'm upto adding 10 teaspoons of lye per jar but still only getting around 3.5amps with no over heating. I was going to keep adding the lye until the amps get up to about 10-15 to see if the gas production increases, but at 10 teaspoons per jar I'm thinking something is not working correctly.

Anyone know why the amps/heat is not increasing as I add more lye? I'm using distilled water in the jars.

spicerman
12-28-2008, 10:35 PM
HI... Did you build the unit or buy it from Water4Gas and do a mod.? Whats the gap between the + - and the volts? Did you have the same results with the baling soda?

Q-Hack!
12-29-2008, 03:22 AM
Hi All,

I'm currently having trouble with the Water4Gas design using Lye as a catalyst. After reading this forum for a while I'll probably go for a new design completely but I've a few questions on this design first.

I'm using a triple glass jar design with twice as many winds as the instructions say to use as I though this might give more HHO. I was using baking soda as a catalyst but have changed to 99% pure Lye.

I'm upto adding 10 teaspoons of lye per jar but still only getting around 3.5amps with no over heating. I was going to keep adding the lye until the amps get up to about 10-15 to see if the gas production increases, but at 10 teaspoons per jar I'm thinking something is not working correctly.

Anyone know why the amps/heat is not increasing as I add more lye? I'm using distilled water in the jars.

Depends on the size of your jars, but it looks like you have hit the maximum saturation of lye for the water. Once you hit this point you will no longer gain in amperage (although it seems odd that you are only seeing 3.5 amps). The Water4Gas design is one of the poorest performers out there. I believe the best you can do with a W4G design is about 100ml per minute of HHO. It is much better to go with plates rather than twisted wires.

The current "Best" designs are the Dry cells that people are building. These usually perform up around the 5-6 MMW where your W4G is probably only about 2 MMW (you don't say what your output is, so I don't know for sure)

There are several folks out there that have been video taping there research as they go... you can learn a lot from there trials and errors. I recomend ZeroFossilFuel on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ZeroFossilFuel&view=videos

He has about 140 some odd videos that are quite educational.