PDA

View Full Version : water to fuel spark plug

diablosdemon
06-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Ive been looking at videos and sites and from what I can see the HHO generator concept mainly came from Stanley Meyer, so I hunted around and found Stan's original concept that he ran his dune buggy on and found that he made a water to hho to thermal explosive energy spark plug replacement which not only ran entirely on water at around half an amp, but did it directly into the engine. Ive been working up materials and ideas about how this works. Is anyone else working on this type of hho generator?
Here is a video of stan holding the hho spark plug.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11sY8Sno_y8

timetowinarace
06-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Stan Meyers wasn't the first. Search Andrija PUHARICH
Water Decomposition by AC Electrolysis. His research was done well before stans. I think you'll find it to be quite the same as Stan's work. Spark plug included.

volomike
06-30-2008, 05:30 PM
If this is true, then basically you're telling me that one can drive a vehicle forward on 1 amp + HHO. Now that I'd like to see. It might be possible, and then it would probably, I guess, go through water fairly fast because something has to give here in this equation.

diablosdemon
07-01-2008, 02:04 AM
as stated in Stan Meyer's tech. papers http://waterpoweredcar.com/pdf.files/Stan_Meyer_Full_Data.pdf , and im sure in other credible sources, the amount of thermal explosive energy contained in water as hydrogen and oxygen is at least 20 times more than in gasoline. So if you figure how to split it more efficiently (with Stan Meyer it is with a high voltage resonating circuit) it has the potential of running over 100 MPG of water!

ridelong
07-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Volomike,

I've been looking and thinking about direct water to burning in cylinder. It appears that the device to achieve this is plasma. Stan said he was using an amp, but not the voltage, which I think was very high. For example 1 amp at 20,000 volts is 20,000 watts.

I worked with a friend of Stan Meyer who saw his system. He said the alternator needed would be very expensive.

That said, I am going to try spark plug/ high voltage/ water or steam experiments. Probably in a week or two.

Look at youtube, coldfusion9, interesting.

dennis13030
07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
I saw this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs-Uk511S_I

My thoughts on this are;
1. It may be the way to go.
2. I would think that an alternating cycle between water vapor injection and high voltage arching may be optimal.
3. The amount of water vapor injected per cycle and the quality of the water vaporization will be critical.

lukeoid1
07-25-2008, 02:30 PM
How, if at all, might this be related to Kanzius's discovery on radiowaves being used to create HHO?
Ever since 60 minutes showed how his machine did this, I've been captured by HHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OklIm5a1Lc

dennis13030
07-25-2008, 03:05 PM
How, if at all, might this be related to Kanzius's discovery on radiowaves being used to create HHO?
Ever since 60 minutes showed how his machine did this, I've been captured by HHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OklIm5a1Lc

Hmmm.....it is sort of related. He is burning the water but it cannot really be considered as HHO gas. HHO gas is fairly stable until it is ignited. His microwave machine is not practical for most applications and certainly not practical for use in ICEs.

ridelong
07-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Denis130130,

Also found somewhere on the net a hand sketch of a similar system. The guy connected a 120 volt, 800 watt converter to the spark plugs via a switching system. The h.v. coil would establish an arc, then the 120 would supply the current for a plasma. It would extinguish in 8.33 ms. max, when the converter crossed zero. The converter was bridge rectified.

The water was heated via a tank that the exhaust went through. The water then ran to the carb., which was two sizes overjetted, and to the cylinders.

The techniques are so close, it wierds me out. I'll start working on this in a couple weeks.

Do you have any experience putting the HHO gen output on the intake manifold side? We put one on a Honda 4 cyl tuesday. The gas gen was hugely greater than the identical setup I have on my truck upstream of the butterfly. Looks promising.

dennis13030
07-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Do you have any experience putting the HHO gen output on the intake manifold side?

Sorry, I have not hooked up a HHO system to a vehicle yet.

ridelong
07-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Dennis13030,
Why?

ridelong
07-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Dennis13030,

Got data on the HHO hooked up to the Honda intake manifold. 53% mpg increase.

Was 19.4 mpg, now 29.7 mpg. YAHOO!

Car is using about 2 oz of water in about 50 miles.

dennis13030
07-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Dennis13030,

That is fantastic! Great job.

To answer your other question "Why have I not hooked up a HHO system to my car yet", I started with a proof of concept unit that cost me $6 and a couple hours of my time. It worked but not very well. For the last few months, I have been living on a very tight budget. As soon as things improve dollars-wise, I will continue the building of a better HHO system. So for the moment, I am learning as much as I can so as to reduce my costs while also building a great HHO system.

ridelong
07-27-2008, 05:34 PM
dennis13030,

Moved my bottle to the intake on my truck. Will post when I get data.

I bought a flowmeter. It was a .1 to 1 lpm. We hooked it up to the honda. At 4.5 amps, it pegged it immediately. Should of bought a 1 to 10 lpm, oh well.

Good luck with yours.

ridelong
07-27-2008, 07:00 PM
dennis13030
Went down to clean up in the basement.

Had a 11 plate, 1/2 gal setup, so I ran it up to 8 amps and put my new flowmeter on it. First reading was a dismal 0.22 lpm. A while later it read 0.35. It was up to 0.75 lpm when I turned it off.

Sorry, I didn't get a voltage reading, I had my power supply in constant current mode, and the meter switch was set to read current.

The heat of the electrolyte really makes a big difference in gas production.

One other observation, the flowmeter does not like moisture. Toward the end of the run, the ball collected water on it, and would stick to the walls. In a few seconds it would pop up to relieve the pressure, then float down to the correct reading.

Jaxom
07-28-2008, 11:59 AM
I've run into the same problem with the airflow gauge. Did you run it with or without a bubbler? I was running without one, and had hopes that adding a bubbler would filter some of the water vapor out of the HHO and help dry things out and stabilize the readings. Also, have you verified the accuracy of the airflow gauge?

One other question: you said you were using a constant current supply at 8 amps and production increased with temperature, right? That's not what I expected. I thought that the production change with heat was due to a drop in the resistance of the cell and consequent increase in current flow.....apparently that is not the case.

This is getting pretty far from the original topic.

liberybell
07-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Has anybody look into the water spark plug farther?
How can they be used on out existing gasoline vehicles? Can they be used in diesel vehicles (replace the injectors)?
Do we still need some type of fuel in the system?

Thanks!

liberybell
07-28-2008, 12:41 PM
How can they be used on our existing gasoline vehicles? Can they be used in diesel vehicles (replace the injectors)?

Thanks!

ridelong
07-28-2008, 02:11 PM
Jaxom,

I didn't use a bubbler.

I dont have anything to verify the reading of my flowmeter.

I think you understand, I'm just using a wierd supply I designed.

My supply can regulate voltage or current. I had it in current mode, so no matter what the load does, it stays at 8 amps.

I belive the increase in gas production is due to the hotter electrolyte already has energy supplied to it, so more gas is produced for the same ampereage.

liberybell
07-28-2008, 04:11 PM
the water spark plug.
I have been on a lot of forums where the hijacking of threads has become a really painful issue.
Moderators, can we please ensure that threads are not hijacked like this one? If we are talking about the water spark plug lets talk about it. If you want to talk about the production of hho of your system find the right thread or create a new one. Just my humble opinion.
Thanks Moderators...

HHOhoper
07-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Dennis13030,

Your 4 cyl Honda was getting 19.4 MPG!??! My V6 supercharged Grand Prix gets better than that! Was something wrong with that car??

53% increase is huge! Congrats! I'd love to see a pic of your cell/generator if you're so inclined! :D

Oh! And water spark plugs are very interesting! If someone makes one, I'll be your first customer.

ridelong
07-28-2008, 06:40 PM
HHOhoper,

The Honda belongs to a friend of mine. The car has about 160,000 miles.

I thought the baseline sucked for a 4 cyl., so did he.

My 2003 ranger 2.3 liter got a baseline 22.4 mpg., now 30.8 with HHO.

I have pictures, but don't know how to attach them to a post.

I have not made any water spark plugs. That is why I stopped talking about them. When I have some valid data or test results I'll start posting.

HHOhoper
07-29-2008, 10:53 AM
HHOhoper,

I have not made any water spark plugs. That is why I stopped talking about them. When I have some valid data or test results I'll start posting.

I think you're results are fantastic. I have a 2000 Grand Prix GTP (supercharged) 3.8L V6 and a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7L V8 that I'm trying to get set up. I really hope I don't happen to have one of those cars that need a lot of modifications to see any benefit.

timetowinarace
07-29-2008, 04:58 PM
How can they be used on our existing gasoline vehicles? Can they be used in diesel vehicles (replace the injectors)?

Thanks!

Okay, some answers. Gas engines yes, through the injecters would be best. Deisel engines, probably not, they have no spark to start combustion and they need some deisel fuel as a lubrication. No other fuel required, otherwise it's just a booster and best to go through the intake.

As for the design itself, google stan meyer.

or there is another one here, http://www.angelfire.com/ak5/energy21/puharich.htm

LinChiek
08-02-2008, 08:54 AM
HHOhoper,

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6956/80586338zx7.jpg
refer to the above pic......

or u can just upload it to http://imageshack.us/index.php

ridelong
08-02-2008, 06:27 PM
LinChiek ,

OK, I'm back on the water spark plug.

Built the spray part of this experiment with a 1/4 copper tube with 1 end soldered closed, then drilled 1 hole with #74 bit ( 0.020 inch). I will connect the tube through a valve to a garden hose. The garden hose will isolate the copper tube from ground.

I am going to take 120 vac, through a bridge rectifier, + to the tubing, and - to a metal plate that I will spray the water onto.

Probably going to put this mess in a plastic 5 gallon bucket for safety.

Hope to make fireworks tomorrow.

Yours, the hijacker

BAD MEDICINE
08-03-2008, 01:41 AM
WOW, so the HHO is ignited as it goes through the spark plug or ......?

ridelong
08-07-2008, 05:37 PM
BAD MEDICINE,

Not sure what is happening, look on youtube at coldfusion9. The guy is spraying water with electrolyte straight on a sparkplug electrode that is hooked to 180 vdc. The thing really looks like it is igniting the water somehow. I think he is seperating the molecules with plasma, caused when the water makes a conductive path across the electrodes. Real cool.

I tried this with regular tap water, and I couldnt get it to do anything.