PDA

View Full Version : HHO on H2 Hummer

H 2 GO
12-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I am about to start installing HHO on my '06 H2.
I want the best results possable as the Hummer has a bad reputation for fuel consumption. (9mpg) :(
My question is, do I need an O2 exender on both sensors?
Will I need a pulse width modulator?

VanHalen
12-23-2008, 05:04 PM
probably should have posted in the questions section. secondly, I have heard bad and good with O2 extenders. they are the cheepest and easiest way to go, about 4 bucks. So I would try those after HHo with no other mods. After that, an efie mod, and after that, a map sensor. Start with a reliable cell though, and have all your figures written down. A PWM will reduce heat and supposedly increase production. You don't need one, but they are good to have to up MMW's

outnabout0
03-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Have ran a system on my H2 hummer 05. Brought mileage up to 14mpg average. no other mods needed. Also am running test with my company with AM General with the H1 hummers. With good results.

ppht43
04-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Hello
I am new here but been studying alot oon HHO, I have an H2 07, I have a question maybe you can help with or anyone. My only confusion is do I need a MAP/MAF controller as well as EFIE? Or is map /maf for non electronic systems? Also if anyone knows how many sensors are in the H2 vortec 6L.
Thanks

diesel133
05-23-2009, 11:12 AM
The problem with the extenders is you may lean the fuel too much or if you have the extenders on for a while and you have to take your generator out how is your vehicle going to have the right fuel to air mixture. The only O2 sensors that need to be modified are the ones after the catalytic converter. But you may not even need the efie, but you may need a map sensor enhancer. If your map sensor is on your air intake you'll only need a map enhancer, if the map sensor is on your intake manifold you'll only need the efie.

Q-Hack!
05-23-2009, 11:03 PM
The problem with the extenders is you may lean the fuel too much or if you have the extenders on for a while and you have to take your generator out how is your vehicle going to have the right fuel to air mixture. The only O2 sensors that need to be modified are the ones after the catalytic converter. But you may not even need the efie, but you may need a map sensor enhancer. If your map sensor is on your air intake you'll only need a map enhancer, if the map sensor is on your intake manifold you'll only need the efie.

Actually, I think you need to modify the O2 sensors that are 'BEFORE' the catalytic converter. The ones that are after are just there to let the ECU know that the cat is doing its job correctly. The two before the cat tell the ECU how well the fuel is being burned in the engine.

diesel133
05-23-2009, 11:51 PM
It is the one before the cat, I don't know why I said that haha.