PDA

View Full Version : Jeeps?

darien314
06-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Anyone tried and HHO injection system on larger Jeeps like a V8 Grand Cherokee or Commander?

volomike
06-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Anyone tried and HHO injection system on larger Jeeps like a V8 Grand Cherokee or Commander?

Almost. How's a 2004 V6 Grand Cherokee with 122K miles on it sound? Over the fuel injector, there's a large air box where the air handler comes in after being filtered. We're injecting HHO into that box. In our first 45 minute driving test on Sunday, we took the vehicle from 16mpg to 24mpg. It then remained at 24mpg even with HHO turned off according to the mpg sensor, so I assume it had engine sludge or something that must have gotten cleaned out by the HHO process. People state that this occurs with HHO -- that it cleans your engine. If you poke around in previous messages under my ID, you'll see my story. You can also reply here and I'll respond on specific questions.

Anyway, we had issues with our bubbler and the tremendous vacuum of the engine, so we're looking into ways to counteract that and also to create even more HHO but only up to a safe level.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 03:41 AM
Im not sure what year but my friends jeep cherokee runs just fine on it hes getting around 39-44 mpg i believe. his is a bit different from mine though he uses square plates on a straight - to + set up of 7 plates.

Krazeesteve
01-14-2009, 03:12 AM
1999 Jeep GC. 4.7 liter V8. I'v got lots of parts but nothing installed yet. Sanding SS plates now and hope to assemble dry cell as soon as I clean finger prints off them.

coffeeachiever
01-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Whwn the PWM, EFIE and MAP enhancer come in, (they have all been ordered), I'll be moving my cell from my Toyota to my wife's 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I'll post here how it goes. I'd love to see that 39-44 mpg Electron3rd is talking about. Right now we get 17.1 mpg from it.

Krazeesteve
01-16-2009, 01:29 AM
I'm averaging 14 mpg....I think there may be a vac leak somewhere. Put the drycell together and am building the bubbler/reservoir tonight. Might have it working by the weekend. I've got a dual EFIE an MAP but never ordered a PWM, how necessary do you think it is?

coffeeachiever
01-16-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm averaging 14 mpg....I think there may be a vac leak somewhere. Put the drycell together and am building the bubbler/reservoir tonight. Might have it working by the weekend. I've got a dual EFIE an MAP but never ordered a PWM, how necessary do you think it is?

My dry cell ran nice and cool without a PWM, but then again I didn't run it for hours at a time to test it for long durations like others have. I also believe a PWM reduces the pull on your alternator. I'm quite sure I will be corrected on that if I'm mistaken.
I do know that a dry cell continues to produce between the pulses of a PWM. If you run a PWM at 50% duty cycle, it stands to reason that you would reduce the pull on the alternator and increase your mmw.
If anyone has anything to add or wants to correct me on something, please chime in.

Painless
01-16-2009, 09:10 PM
My dry cell ran nice and cool without a PWM, but then again I didn't run it for hours at a time to test it for long durations like others have. I also believe a PWM reduces the pull on your alternator. I'm quite sure I will be corrected on that if I'm mistaken.
I do know that a dry cell continues to produce between the pulses of a PWM. If you run a PWM at 50% duty cycle, it stands to reason that you would reduce the pull on the alternator and increase your mmw.
If anyone has anything to add or wants to correct me on something, please chime in.

If you use full strength electrolyte in your cell and use the PWM to control the amps you will gain in efficiency due to less resistance in the cell.

I raised my cells MMW by almost a whole point this way.

Krazeesteve
01-20-2009, 08:17 PM
EFIE = Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer
PWM = Pulse Width Modulator ?
MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
MAF = Mass Air Flow Sensor
LPM = Liters Per Minute (how much hho generator produces)
MMW = ???

Painless
01-20-2009, 08:22 PM
EFIE = Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer
PWM = Pulse Width Modulator ?
MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
MAF = Mass Air Flow Sensor
LPM = Liters Per Minute (how much hho generator produces)
MMW = ???

MMW is a measurment of efficiency, it stands for 'Millilitres per Minute per Watt', the higher the number the more efficient the cell:

Let's say that we have a cell which is running at 12 volts and consuming 20 amps of current while producing 1 liter per minute of HHO (1,000 milliliters).

To find the watts we take 12 (volts) and times it by 20 (amps) giving 240 watts used.

We then take the 1,000 (milliliters of HHO) and divide it by the 240 (watts), this tells us that for each watt of power we are producing 4.16 milliliters of HHO. Hence, our MMW is 4.16.

You should keep in mind that a cell running at a high temperature will show misleadingly high LPM's and hence the same misleadingly high MMW as higher temp gas occupies a larger volume. Also, if the electrolyte is hot enough, water vapor will also be present inflating the LPM.

A full strength KOH solution is 28% KOH by weight.

Hope this helps!

Russ.

Krazeesteve
01-20-2009, 08:37 PM
that helps. I've been using about 1/4 teaspoon of lye per 1 gallon of distilled water for the conditioning of the cell. I have not measured anything yet but it is not hot to the touch and all the brown crud is out of the water now. I found a nice multimeter in a drawer so I thought it would be a good time to start measuring output and current between plates and amps and stuff like that. Its getting power from a battery charger right now and seems to be putting out a good amount of bubbles even though its in "bursts" or "groups" of bubbles. I think I'm going to need more bubbles for the 4.7l engine I built it for.

Robahr24
03-19-2009, 10:12 AM
If any of you guys have a 4.7L grand cherokee, you think you could post pics of the where the lines are going too and everything, not sure where to hook up too, or the best place to place the tubes.

slade420
03-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Hey all! im new to the forums, been reading them for a little while tho. My thought on the jeep is the older the better, due to the OBD advances over the years, as painless can testify to with his ram.

I have a '91 dodge dakota 318 V8. Im planning on trying a HHO setup on it. Having OBD-1, it should be less of a fight with electronics.

Painless
03-19-2009, 04:43 PM
If any of you guys have a 4.7L grand cherokee, you think you could post pics of the where the lines are going too and everything, not sure where to hook up too, or the best place to place the tubes.

Take a look at this post in my thread:

http://www.hhoforums.com/showpost.php?p=13601&postcount=147

I have photo's of where I hooked up the HHO intake on my 4.7 Ram, your Jeep should be very similar.

Hope this helps.

Russ.