PDA

View Full Version : How To Measure Ignition/Implosion Power?

volomike
06-30-2008, 08:29 PM
My father-in-law George and I want to do this next test right. We want to build several units side by side on a workbench, and then measure the ignition and implosion power of each, along with heat, required amperage, and any other adverse issues. One thing he and I have agreed is that you might see a bunch of bubbles in electrolysis, but bubbles do not guarantee maximum ignition and implosion power. Therefore, we need something to help us measure ignition and implosion power to really know for certain.

If you know of anything, then great. One idea I had was to create a vertical wood pole with a slowly rotating bar on top, and the bar has powered spark plugs on the end. As they pass by the HHO output of a particular test case, they spark audibly and visually. So, we measure how many sparks we receive per 30 seconds on each test case. By slowing it down, we can say that one test case does better than another.

We're going to go with a vertical tube feeding into a glass mason bubbler on each unit. We'll compare a wider tube versus a thinner tube, and a longer electrolyzer versus a shorter one. We'll compare horizontal placement of the tube versus vertical placement. We'll test various electrolyte levels and various amperages.

We'll use potash because it has less risk of burning us during an explosion.

Key factors we'd like to see are:

- more HHO ignition
- smallest possible size per ignition and heat
- least heat per ignition and size
- less adverse affects like danger, corrosion, sudden weakness after awhile, burnt out relays or fuses or wires, etc.

Of course, even when we do these tests, we'll still have to put it back into the vehicle to see how well it performs under extra heat, vacuum pressure, and other factors.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 03:39 AM
wow, you guys really are putting allot more work into this than most, I'm sorry i cant really be of much help on this one but good on you guys for doing it right,

dennis13030
07-03-2008, 05:24 AM
volomike

There is atleast one video clip on the web showing these experiments. They used a peak pressure guage, a tube of known size and a BBQ igniter.

Just search for "HHO implosion".

My understanding is that 1 liter of water creates 1860 liters of HHO. So when pure HHO(66.67% Hydrogen and 33.33% Oxygen) is ignited, there is a a lot of imposive force. Also if the HHO is not close to pure, it will EXplode(not implode).