PDA

View Full Version : dry cell and neodymium magnets

stephane
12-19-2008, 07:00 PM
I made a try with a 7 plates dry cell + 2 really big neodymium magnets (7 Newton).
My cell, with the same electrolyte, same amp(18) produce a lot more HHO with magnets than without.
I did like this
M+ magnet positive side
M- magnet negative

M- - N N N N N + M+

The water flow was a lot faster, I didn't check the temp, I got no way to do it at home.

oicu812
12-19-2008, 07:19 PM
i'm a believer in magnets. I still use my wet cell with 6 plates +nnnn- I use ceramic magnets to separate the plates and get more production than with rubber washers. I use it for my hho torch.

Painless
12-19-2008, 07:20 PM
i'm a believer in magnets. I still use my wet cell with 6 plates +nnnn- I use ceramic magnets to separate the plates and get more production than with rubber washers. I use it for my hho torch.

Is there any particular way that you orient the magnets poles?

oicu812
12-19-2008, 08:21 PM
i've tried them both ways. with the magnets opposing themselves it seams to push the bubbles out between the plates more and pull a little more amps, the water gets hotter quicker. with the magnets attracting eachother it runs cooler. in both cases the flame from my torch tip is about the same, about 1 inch flame.

BoyntonStu
12-19-2008, 09:57 PM
I made a try with a 7 plates dry cell + 2 really big neodymium magnets (7 Newton).
My cell, with the same electrolyte, same amp(18) produce a lot more HHO with magnets than without.
I did like this
M+ magnet positive side
M- magnet negative

M- - N N N N N + M+

The water flow was a lot faster, I didn't check the temp, I got no way to do it at home.

A photo would help.

BoyntonStu

stephane
12-20-2008, 07:56 AM
I will ask my daughter to make a picture, but for the moment I put a drawing.

coffeeachiever
12-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Stephane,
If I understood you correctly, you said in another thread that you magnetically separate the gasses after the generator and just put hydrogen in your intake and vent off the O2. You said that this defeats the O2 sensor without the use of an EFIE. Could you post a pic or a drawing of that part of the setup? Or even just describe it? I would like to try that.

Thanks,

stephane
12-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Dear "Coffee",
I didn't wrote that I separate HH and O with magnets, sorry for the misunderstanding.
I wrote that I tried this:
http://searcypress.com/fuelcell/fuelcell2/indexcoil.htm
And I have a lot less problems with the oxygen.
Regarding what I check (with friend chimist) the O get positive charge and go into the gasoline molecule.
I made also a cell in which I am separating gases, I will try to make a clear drawing of it.

jather
12-21-2008, 03:15 AM
How do you select the magnets that you want to use. And which way is the north to south pull to be> Hydrogen to oxygen or visa versa?

stephane
12-21-2008, 04:31 AM
I didn't have problem with polarity, I got an old magnets paint in red on the + side.
I put the positive side on the + plate and vice e versa.
I found that "pulling " work better than "pushing"
By the way I made a mistake, the magnets I'm using are 70 newtons (7 kgs) not 7 as I wrote.

Michaeljp86
01-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Ive made a cell with magnets but the magnets didnt last long. The magnets cost a fortune so it wasnt worth using the.

Gary Diamond
01-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi i'm new to this forum, been playing with wet cells for about 8 months, Doing my first Dry cell it a copy of Stu's.

Does anyone have data one way or the other, using magnets Thanks Gary Diamond

H2OPWR
01-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Hi i'm new to this forum, been playing with wet cells for about 8 months, Doing my first Dry cell it a copy of Stu's.

Does anyone have data one way or the other, using magnets Thanks Gary Diamond

Gary, First welcome to the forum. I am sure there is plenty for you to learn here especially if you are migrating to a dry cell. Magnetics is something many of us are exploring at the present time. To the best of my knowledge none of us currently posting has made them work. But it is just a matter of time until someone makes a breakthrough.

wcroft
01-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Hi, new to this forum.
Been looking into this hho production for only a couple of days and its quite exciting stuff :D
Just read this thread and thought, have any of you thought of using a stainless steel coil config, as an electromagnet. Would they not double as an electrode aswell.
Or as it been tried ?

My mate and I mocked up hho producer yesterday evening, up to now have only filled plastic bottles, and been in awe of the tremendous bangs they produce when ignited...lol.

ccdaddy
09-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Can you turn the cathode or anode into a electro magnet ?

Have any of you heard, of the use of plasma to enhance the ignition.
they have youtubes on this, they use microwave oven parts.

One guy; that sold out the other day for 8 million plus, they say he got a
research grant; but he left us this important clue concerning sine waves.
large square waves produce large production of gas.

Philldpapill
09-07-2009, 04:40 PM
This is madness! WHY does anyone think that magnetic fields are going to affect an electrochemical process??? THIS DOES NOTHING!!! Any results that you have, are just skewed... People seem to think that there is some kind of "magic" stored in a magnet. I've seen some people claiming to be using the magnetic field as "fuel" - wtf with a capital F? To anyone that have tried this with the magnets - do you know the first thing about Maxwell's equations for electromagnetics??? My god this is a pure waste of neodymium.

Using magnetic fields does absolutely NOTHING. Please, people, don't waste your time in such a silly thing... there are more important issues to use your precious time on.

Roland Jacques
09-08-2009, 10:56 AM
FWIW

A few manufactures of electrolyzers have recently changed configuration of their electrolyzers they say for "magnetic field reasons". They are reporting higher MMW readings with thier new configurations.

new cell -nnnnn+I-nnnnn+
old cell -nnnnn+nnnnn-

They are using a Isolator bearer between cells so current runs in the same direction from left to right or right to left. If I understand them correctly They claim the magnetic field work together and increase Efficiency and possibly production.

I know it is costing them extra material to build them this way so...

Philldpapill
09-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Sooo, they attribute a gain in effiency to magical magnetic fields "working together", rather than attribute it to something more practical like LOWER CURRENT DENSITY? This is the crap I'm talking about. Even more likely than the decrease in current density, is that this "sounds" super high tech, and some people will flock to this sort of thing.

If I told you that my cell uses complex magnetic field alignment that works in concert, while the other guy's just uses plain old current to power his cell, who's cell would I buy? I'll stand by this statement: 99% of these designs using "magnetic fields" are simply a marketing ploy to sucker in more people. Apparently it's working if these guys are doing well.(not the fields, but their sales pitch)

Philldpapill
09-08-2009, 03:34 PM
ccdaddy, I think 100% of non-deisel powered ICE's use plasma in the ignition - a spark plug.

Stevo
10-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Designing your cell this way has shown me an increase of 1 MMW. I have test results. The only way to try and explain is with understanding the basics of DC current and the importance polarity. More or less, you are keeping each cell stack insulated from the others in the unit. My config is:

+NNNN-I-NNNN+

I can certainly say that I don't believe any mentionable MMW gains are from any sort of magnetism.

Owen_
11-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Has anyone done a good job testing magnets yet? I would really like to know how they alter the operation of cells. Any controlled bench tests to compare temp, out put, current draw with out magnets and with (in all configurations).

It seems logical to me that a magnetic field would effect the production in some way. I don't have the equipment to conduct such a test myself, but like most things, someone has likely done this somewhere at some time.

rboos
01-26-2010, 09:29 AM
I am a believer of the magnetic field influence over hho production. The field could be originated from magnets or the current itself.

The orientation of the magnetic field could influence the orientation of water molecules, atom flow to electrodes, electron flow from electrodes. Water is a polar molecule with positive charges on one side and negative on the other.

Water in its usual state:
http://www.3dchem.com/imagesofmolecules/watercell.jpg

With electrical current (or other processes) we start to separate the molecules from each other:
http://knol.google.com/k/-/-/28prei6i5vxn0/szjoz7/hbondwater.jpg

At first the water molecules align with our electrically generated field:
http://www.mitsumania.com/images/electricfield.jpg

After this alignement, our current starts to separate the atoms from each other, each migrating to its attracting electrode.

Then some magnets could really help speed-up the process..
http://www.mitsumania.com/images/magnets.jpg
Image Source: Stephane

Michaeljp86
01-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Has anyone done the science experiment when they were a kid where you wrap a wire on a nail and stick it on a battery and it makes a electromagnet. Why couldnt this be dont but with a stainless rod instead of a nail. When I used magnets for the electrodes I was probably getting 10x the bubbles.

linkintiger
02-07-2010, 02:14 AM
so you guys saying that instead of washers to separate plates it;s better to use magnets?

lhazleton
02-07-2010, 02:03 PM
A good quality stainless, that's necessary for production, is non-magnetic.

jim131
06-28-2012, 09:31 AM
I did like this
M+ magnet positive side
M- magnet negative

M- - N N N N N + M+

Hello,
I experimented with a old electric motor housing wich have parmanent marnets, placed a test stainless steel tube cell within it and the hho production increased heavily.

reggaerican
06-29-2012, 02:05 AM
hey guys, im realy diggn this thread.. I have been doing lots or research lately about the use of magnets not only to create more gas, but also to sepperate the h from the o after the cell to make it a better more usable gas. The polls based off all my reading are about 50 50 right now with those that think it will work and those that dont. Here is a quick scetch of my idea I did just playing around one day.. was thinking about using elecro magnets to try this theory out... what you think guys will it work???

The mister and defuser is to get the cells bouncing around to help the sepperation process

jim131
07-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I didn't have problem with polarity, I got an old magnets paint in red on the + side.
I put the positive side on the + plate and vice e versa.
I found that "pulling " work better than "pushing"
By the way I made a mistake, the magnets I'm using are 70 newtons (7 kgs) not 7 as I wrote.

That "pulling" effect you mention ,gave me an idea of "flow",
so any device "pulling" gas should go near the intake valve as possible.
in such a way that the hho flow are more effective.
Need to explore more about it...