PDA

View Full Version : Vac line hook up.. Help

thebargew
07-01-2008, 03:34 PM
I am going to run my system in my 04 4Runner it has a perfect vac line right at the top of the intake plenum but it is after the throttle plate.
I have read in other on some of the sites that you should have it before the the throttle plate. What's the best way to hook it up?

Stratous
07-01-2008, 07:00 PM
I am no expert on this, but I believe the reason is the amount of vaccume you get after the throttle plate. Most containers cant handle 20psi of vaccume. I could be wrong on this as I drive a diesel and dont have to worry about vaccume.

thebargew
07-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I am no expert on this, but I believe the reason is the amount of vaccume you get after the throttle plate. Most containers cant handle 20psi of vaccume. I could be wrong on this as I drive a diesel and dont have to worry about vaccume.

Well I wasnt sure that with the line before the throttle plate as you open it it will draw in the oxy and hydro as needed. If I out it after would there be any regulation to the amount I am drawing?

Stratous
07-01-2008, 10:50 PM
You may be correct, on the throttle plate controlling demand. Honestly though, if your container is plastice or not really strong then lower vaccume is better. 20psi may implode a weak container.

timetowinarace
07-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Well I wasnt sure that with the line before the throttle plate as you open it it will draw in the oxy and hydro as needed. If I out it after would there be any regulation to the amount I am drawing?

If a vacuum is used after the throttle plate there will be more vacuum pressure when the plate is closed. As in, more hho will be drawn into the engine while at idle and less when accelerating. Vacuum leaks are often the reason for poor/fast idle because extra air is going in.

EltonBrandd
07-02-2008, 02:05 AM
If you are using the vacuum line after the throttle plate it would be considered manifold vacuum. This would benefit the engine with the throttle plate in the partially open position. If you install a line to both the manifold vacuum and one to the air intake before the throttle plate which ever line has more vacuum will be utilized. This seems optimal to me, you would need check valves in both lines to prevent the vacuum from traveling to back and forth.

thebargew
07-02-2008, 07:58 AM
If you are using the vacuum line after the throttle plate it would be considered manifold vacuum. This would benefit the engine with the throttle plate in the partially open position. If you install a line to both the manifold vacuum and one to the air intake before the throttle plate which ever line has more vacuum will be utilized. This seems optimal to me, you would need check valves in both lines to prevent the vacuum from traveling to back and forth.

Ah ha an equalizing chamber (sort of) that's an awesome idea...So when I am not in the throttle I would not have to worry about hho building up either..
Where is a good place to get a 3/8 check valve??

rmptr
07-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm certainly NOT an expert in HHO production or delivery, yet I am an accomplished mechanic.

This is quite simple, yet the ded horse is incessantly beaten.

A 'sticky' should be implemented.

Stratous is able to testify, without doubt, that introduction of the HHO charge produces effective improvement when it enters the system at the airbox. His engine HAS NO VACUUM, under running conditions, other than initial start, and lowest of rpm before significant amount of fuel is actually being burned to deliver heat to the turbo vanes.

...Way back when, windshield wipers in the rain were great fun when they simply STOPPED under heavy acceleration.

DIRECT connect to manifold will ALWAYS have higher vacuum than outside the throttle plate EXCEPT at wide open throttle, with the possible minor eception of venturi reduction. The venturi most likely will assist in mixing HHO with the incoming air for more uniform distribution.

With closed throttle,vacuum at idle , or highest vacuum under deceleration, only small amount of fuel is consumed, and HHO benefit will be least.

I suspect HHO production from plates under any chemical or mechanical conditions is increased under vacuum and the pulse within the intake tract may even generate further enhancement.

Without VERY refined systems, I don't think it will make much difference.

My thoughts...
If someone is able to find fault with the logic, present info to the contrary and I'll gladly modify or delete my presentation so as not to lead anyone astray.

best

Ronjinsan
07-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Perfect.....well explained, I dont think many people understand the vacuum differences between diesel and petrol engines!

porkchop
07-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Very good idea, I like. This is what this forum is about, people helping people.
There is way too much of the opposite going on in the world today.

PAPAFIXIT
07-03-2008, 11:05 AM
AMEN to that.

EltonBrandd
07-03-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm certainly NOT an expert in HHO production or delivery, yet I am an accomplished mechanic.

This is quite simple, yet the ded horse is incessantly beaten.

A 'sticky' should be implemented.

Stratous is able to testify, without doubt, that introduction of the HHO charge produces effective improvement when it enters the system at the airbox. His engine HAS NO VACUUM, under running conditions, other than initial start, and lowest of rpm before significant amount of fuel is actually being burned to deliver heat to the turbo vanes.

...Way back when, windshield wipers in the rain were great fun when they simply STOPPED under heavy acceleration.

DIRECT connect to manifold will ALWAYS have higher vacuum than outside the throttle plate EXCEPT at wide open throttle, with the possible minor eception of venturi reduction. The venturi most likely will assist in mixing HHO with the incoming air for more uniform distribution.

With closed throttle,vacuum at idle , or highest vacuum under deceleration, only small amount of fuel is consumed, and HHO benefit will be least.

I suspect HHO production from plates under any chemical or mechanical conditions is increased under vacuum and the pulse within the intake tract may even generate further enhancement.

Without VERY refined systems, I don't think it will make much difference.

My thoughts...
If someone is able to find fault with the logic, present info to the contrary and I'll gladly modify or delete my presentation so as not to lead anyone astray.

best

One thing to remember on a gasoline engine that you have leaned out you will surely need to feed the engine hho at idle through manifold vacuum. If not you have a huge chance of having a lean missfire, espcecially in hot weather sitting in traffic. Not to mention the temperature of the combustion chambers. If you have a diesel this wont apply.

rmptr
07-03-2008, 02:05 PM
as EB advises, a lean burning engine will 'spit' or 'cough' back through the intake. I've seen it pull a loose stud up out of a carb when an air cleaner popped!

Possibly another of the reasons behind why we haven't seen this technology from the big manufacturers... liability.

...and liability for a hydrogen car going down the road has got to be worse than a re-introduction of the pinto!

Who would underwrite the product liability policy?:)

There's a lot of risk involved, for those of us here at the experimental stages. We could cause severe damage to our critical transport vehicle.
If an HHO burn has the capability of cleaning your engine combustion chamber, could it dislodge a chip of carbon, causing an intake valve to stick open just a bit, and explode your intake manifold?

Yesterday I could find NOTHING on Wayne Isom of T.E.A.M at Tullahoma, Tennesse who designed and fabricated ultralite aircraft.
GREAT machines!
Someone crashed his newest Skycycle model and sued him for faulty design liability. The biz is no more.

Best

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I just use the vacuum lines behind the injector, I just TEE into it, works fine for me, although i would like more suction.