PDA

View Full Version : map enhancer hurt

tractors
01-06-2009, 10:20 AM
i hooked the map enhancer to the power now it doesnt do anything when i turn the knobs . if you dont have any thing but the map enhancer on the car shouldnt it lean it out and not run?

mytoyotasucks
01-06-2009, 01:25 PM
i hooked the map enhancer to the power now it doesnt do anything when i turn the knobs . if you dont have any thing but the map enhancer on the car shouldnt it lean it out and not run?

did u hook it up to a good ground??

and yes it can stall ur engine.

tractors
01-06-2009, 02:33 PM
yes i puy the ground on the intake. if i unplug the wires from the map sensor shouldnt the truck stop running it just keeps running like if it was pluged in.

mytoyotasucks
01-06-2009, 02:45 PM
yes i puy the ground on the intake. if i unplug the wires from the map sensor shouldnt the truck stop running it just keeps running like if it was pluged in.

ya if u unplug the map it should die, if it dosent, than the computer is in loop mode.

tractors
01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
i have 1 98 ford ranger how do i get out of the loop mode.

mytoyotasucks
01-06-2009, 04:04 PM
i have 1 98 ford ranger how do i get out of the loop mode.

if it is in loop mode, u need to find out whats wrong, as in puter codes.

ramcustom
01-06-2009, 04:54 PM
I am having the same problem with a 2006 Ford Focus. Turns out the MAp operates on frequency, not voltage changes. I am trying to find a enhancer that will change the frequency right now!

mytoyotasucks
01-06-2009, 06:06 PM
I am having the same problem with a 2006 Ford Focus. Turns out the MAp operates on frequency, not voltage changes. I am trying to find a enhancer that will change the frequency right now!

ok have been reading and came up with this :

If you have a frequency based MAP/MAF sensor and you should use the O2 sensor EFIE instead.