PDA

View Full Version : The Clear Parts

volomike
07-02-2008, 12:29 AM
It's seeming to me that having your electrolyzer to be in a transparent unit is the way to go, rather than your bubbler. For your bubbler, you can take a white PVC pipe with two caps on each end glued or screwed on (teflon tape if screwed) and you don't really need to see in there except to add a certain water level. A water level gauge can be added on the side with a small clear tube.

Why? Well, you really need to see your electrolyzer -- to watch for corrosion, even on stainless steel parts, because something that is advertised as stainless may still not be stainless. And you need to see how effective the electrolyzer is, not hide that fact.

My two cents.

Ronjinsan
07-02-2008, 02:44 AM
I agree....well some of it anyway. I agree that you dont need to see inside the bubbler but why go to the trouble of making a water level guage too when you already have a transparent bubbler? On the other hand I still like the old glass cell and totally agree with your last paragraph......at least they dont melt and when mounted properly look neat too, its just the lid that needs some thought! All the best

timetowinarace
07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I don't see a need to see any of it. It's cool to see bubbles, gives me the impression all my work has amounted to something. But not necisary.

I like to monitor the amps but otherwize rely on general maintanance and clean it often.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:27 PM
It's seeming to me that having your electrolyzer to be in a transparent unit is the way to go, rather than your bubbler. For your bubbler, you can take a white PVC pipe with two caps on each end glued or screwed on (teflon tape if screwed) and you don't really need to see in there except to add a certain water level. A water level gauge can be added on the side with a small clear tube.

Why? Well, you really need to see your electrolyzer -- to watch for corrosion, even on stainless steel parts, because something that is advertised as stainless may still not be stainless. And you need to see how effective the electrolyzer is, not hide that fact.

My two cents.

OK what is this whole bubbler thing i keep hearing about?, the only bubbler i know of is the bubbler cap on the water4gas version which i actually use on my design, but i keep hearing of an entirely seperate container called "the bubbler" please explain.

volomike
07-10-2008, 01:13 AM
OK what is this whole bubbler thing i keep hearing about?, the only bubbler i know of is the bubbler cap on the water4gas version which i actually use on my design, but i keep hearing of an entirely seperate container called "the bubbler" please explain.

The bubbler is your fire arrestor. HHO comes out of the electrolyzer unit and into some other container half filled with water (or 3/4 filled with water). The electrolyzer HHO gas hose comes in through the top of the bubbler and down into the water all the way to the bottom. Then, another hose is placed in the bubbler near the top in the air space there -- as close to the top as possible without popping out.

So, what this does is allow the HHO gas to go into the water, bubble up, and then on its way to the engine air intake. If the engine were ever to backfire, it would only get as far as the bubbler, and then the water in the bubbler would stop it from creeping back to the electrolyzer unit where it could create an even larger explosion (and some cost). Bubblers are easy to make -- easier than electrolyzers -- so people don't mind a potential of a bubbler blowing up, but they may get peeved if the electrolyzer blows up. So that's why the bubbler is introduced.

lou
07-10-2008, 01:39 AM
Thank you, clearly explained.

HHOWolfen
07-10-2008, 01:39 AM
if you want a good check valve, the best and cheapest is R-723 from r723http://www.resenex.com/r-723.php -- For FREE product samples call 818 341-2525 or Toll Free (USA): 800 220.1876. Fax 818 885-8086.

HHOWolfen
07-10-2008, 01:41 AM
for the box or jar pressure relief valve, Qosina item # 80068, phone (631) 242-3000 (shown in the photo to the left - it's the smallest and cheapest, but commercial quantities required by Qosina, I think a $100 minimum per order).

Alternative source: www.usplastic.com item # 64048.
Alternative source: item A1175 ($1.50) from MPC: http://www.mpc-inc.com

toxic281
08-14-2008, 08:42 AM
FYI to everyone, I called Resenex yesterday for a sample of the R-323. All free samples for the year have been depleted. But they still have them for sale. Min. quantity is 100 units @ $1.50 e/a.