PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions

EltonBrandd
07-02-2008, 01:56 AM
Hi all. I just got turned on to hho recently. My first introduction was a "water4gas" book. I'm wondering how effective the glass mason jar set up they show is? Am I wasting my time building one? Everything I read about on this forum is talking about very different variations of what I've read. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Ronjinsan
07-02-2008, 02:27 AM
Hey welcome Elton....and yeah go with the glass jar, it wont let you down, the lid might though!

EltonBrandd
07-02-2008, 01:09 PM
What is the problem with the lid? And how many of those jars will I need for a 3.0liter straight six?

Ronjinsan
07-02-2008, 02:55 PM
I have found it very hard to seal the lids properly so I throw them away and make an acrylic plate for the top and another for the bottom. The plates are square and are pulled together with 4 threaded bars ...1 on each corner. I make a circular rubber seal for the top and a circular disc for the bottom just to act as a sort of suspensin buffer! If your straight 6 is a petrol and you pull vacumm....I would go for a 3 cell setup with each cell being a 7 plate array! All the best!

EltonBrandd
07-03-2008, 01:59 AM
what exactly do you mean by 7 plates? There are several variations that I'm looking in to while still using the jar. I've see people use ss lag bolts with several split washers seperated with ss fender washers. Is this a good alternative?

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 02:31 AM
Hey, some one like me, lol I started the same way, but so far i find the plates working much much better, and yes the lid is very hard to seal with that design, i use abs pipe with an abs style plug as a lid works great for me so far im getting around 76 mpg hwy and 66 city, i used to get around 29 mpg hwy and 23 mpg city without the device at all, and with the water4gas version i got around 34 mpg hwy and 28 city.