PDA

View Full Version : hey folks

gashead
01-15-2009, 10:10 AM
new to this site but not to hho generators. ive installed a few gens, with fair to good results. i have an 87 ford ford f 150 with a 300 ci 6 cylinder, it has 6 cells producing 18 amps, has a map sensor enhancer, and has lost 2 mpg, it lost 2 mpg with one cell and when i added the other 5 it hasn't helped. anyone had this issue?

coffeeachiever
01-16-2009, 08:20 PM
new to this site but not to hho generators. ive installed a few gens, with fair to good results. i have an 87 ford ford f 150 with a 300 ci 6 cylinder, it has 6 cells producing 18 amps, has a map sensor enhancer, and has lost 2 mpg, it lost 2 mpg with one cell and when i added the other 5 it hasn't helped. anyone had this issue?

I know where you're coming from. I've got a beautiful dry cell producing 2+ lpm on my 86 carbureted toyota p/u. When I installed it my milage tanked.
Auto Zone manual says I have an O2 sensor buried in the exhaust manifold, but I haven't located it yet.
I've decided to throw the generator on my wife's 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee to see what it will do there.
I ordered a PWM and an EFIE from Shane Jackson (he is a mentor on this forum). They came in today and look great. I'll install them on the Jeep next weekend and see if I get the gains I've been working so hard for.

velorossa22
04-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Coffeeachiever isn't the carb on your toyota adjustable for the air/fuel mixture? I've read that MAP enhancers don't work well on ODBI cars. Maybe try and EFIE on it and see if it works better.