PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: 14 6.25 x 6.25 Gaskets

BoyntonStu
01-19-2009, 01:46 PM
5.5" x 5.5" cut out of the above.

What is the thinnest you can supply and of what material?

BoyntonStu

hg2
01-19-2009, 01:54 PM
5.5" x 5.5" cut out of the above.

What is the thinnest you can supply and of what material?

BoyntonStu

Tampa Rubber and Gasket company sells a good grade of neoprene and has a computerized water jet cutter that you can call in or fax them a diagram of what you want and they will ship to you.They do have a $30 minimum order though.I've used neoprene in my dry cell for over a year with no problems.You can buy the neoprene in a roll ,but it's not much more to have them cut them and they look like a factory gasket.If your plates are an odd shape other than square or rectangular it would be a good idea to send them a trace or diagram.They will ask you how wide a flange you want and that's how wide you want the part that faces the plate.They have just about any thickness you'll need.

Their ph.# is 813-247-3647

Hydrotinkerer got his their and was very pleased with the accuracy and quality.

BoyntonStu
01-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Tampa Rubber and Gasket company sells a good grade of neoprene and has a computerized water jet cutter that you can call in or fax them a diagram of what you want and they will ship to you.They do have a $30 minimum order though.I've used neoprene in my dry cell for over a year with no problems.You can buy the neoprene in a roll ,but it's not much more to have them cut them and they look like a factory gasket.If your plates are an odd shape other than square or rectangular it would be a good idea to send them a trace or diagram.They will ask you how wide a flange you want and that's how wide you want the part that faces the plate.They have just about any thickness you'll need.

Their ph.# is 813-247-3647

Hydrotinkerer got his their and was very pleased with the accuracy and quality.

Thanks,

I called them and I spoke with Tony.

He quoted $2.18 per 1/32 Neoprene gasket.

I didn't ask about the price of uncut neoprene.

What percentage is saved by cutting them myself?

Is $43 (includes shipping) for a set of 16 gaskets reasonable?

Thanks again,

BoyntonStu

P.S. What grade Neoprene are your gaskets?

hg2
01-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Thanks,

I called them and I spoke with Tony.

He quoted $2.18 per 1/32 Neoprene gasket.

I didn't ask about the price of uncut neoprene.

What percentage is saved by cutting them myself?

Is $43 (includes shipping) for a set of 16 gaskets reasonable?

Thanks again,

BoyntonStu

P.S. What grade Neoprene are your gaskets?

I just use the commerical grade they offer,the high end neoprene gets pricey.I called and got a price for 1/32" neoprene in the commerical and they have it in 3 ft. rolls and it's $3.94 per ft. or about $1.31 per sq. ft.The way I look at it once you cut them yourself there's a considerable amount of scrap left over so it kinda works out the same,plus their water jet cutter does a factory job better than me with a razor knife.