PDA

View Full Version : How to measure....

greuvin
07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
gas production? Can someone tell me exactly how to measure it? I've got a dual cell set-up with 2 discharge hoses. I have no idea if it even works, but there is plenty of gas in there. Would like to know for sure without using a lighter...BOOM!!!;)

Also, one goes to my PCV and the other to my air breather. Is it really necessary to use the PCV?

Ronjinsan
07-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Put a T piece on the 2 outlets and lead them into one pipe, then put the pipe into a sumerged 1 Litre bottle and fill it....time the whole thing and voila!

tbhavsar
07-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Also check this thread towards the end.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=55&highlight=measure

liberybell
07-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Here is the most common and simple method.
Use a bucket and a cocacola bottle (aprox. 500cc or 1/2L) or some other plastic bottle that you know the volume of. Fill up both the bucket and the bottle with water. immerse the bottle upside down into the bucket (the bottom of the bottle should be at level with the water in the bucket.) Insert the tube coming from your generator into the bottle. Set your chronometer and calculate how long it takes for all the water to come out of the bottle and for the bottle come up out of the water on the bucket (see diagram.)
If it takes a min to fill up the bottle with HHO. then you measurement would be the volume of the bottle in one minute (e.g.: 500cc/min)

Ronjinsan
07-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Geeez that was the fastest 2 answers I ever saw! I am sooo happy to see you guys enjoying this forum! 8-)

greuvin
07-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Here is the most common and simple method.
Use a bucket and a cocacola bottle (aprox. 500cc or 1/2L) or some other plastic bottle that you know the volume of. Fill up both the bucket and the bottle with water. immerse the bottle upside down into the bucket (the bottom of the bottle should be at level with the water in the bucket.) Insert the tube coming from your generator into the bottle. Set your chronometer and calculate how long it takes for all the water to come out of the bottle and for the bottle come up out of the water on the bucket (see diagram.)
If it takes a min to fill up the bottle with HHO. then you measurement would be the volume of the bottle in one minute (e.g.: 500cc/min)

Beautiful! Thanks very much!!!:D

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 03:37 AM
gas production? Can someone tell me exactly how to measure it? I've got a dual cell set-up with 2 discharge hoses. I have no idea if it even works, but there is plenty of gas in there. Would like to know for sure without using a lighter...BOOM!!!;)

Also, one goes to my PCV and the other to my air breather. Is it really necessary to use the PCV?

ok i just looked it up for you on google, (i actually wasn't sure myself) anyways basically you get a bucket or the bathtub or something fill it with water stick a 2 liter in it with your HH) lead hose in it (upside down) and holding it (also the 2 liter must be full of water for this to work) and you just time it to see how long it takes for the HHO gas to displace the water.

s_barrett
07-03-2008, 08:40 AM
you could also use a deflated plastic bag with a known volume, and see how long it takes to inflate.

dennis13030
07-03-2008, 09:07 AM
http://www.emssales.net/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=497

Even the cheapest is fairly expensive($33 for a 2-20 L/m).

s_barrett
07-03-2008, 10:16 AM
does anyone have any tips or a diagram for how and where to hook the offset voltage to the O2 sensor output? my infernal machine(VW passat) has the O2 sensor in the exhaust output, i'm assuming that would be down near the muffler, but it seems like it would be difficult to run a wire down to that location. i don't want to waste money on a simple voltage divider circuit, but i assume these kits come with instructions on where to connect same to the O2 output.:confused:

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:44 PM
you could also use a deflated plastic bag with a known volume, and see how long it takes to inflate.

Or a balloon, either one is cool but you can have more fun with a colorfull balloon.