PDA

View Full Version : Wrap O2 Sensor with Aluminum Foil?

jerzhere
01-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I have seen one this and other forums that rapping the O2 sensor before the cat with aluminum foil will cause the sensor to think the engine is running rich and will lean it out. Is that right? Could getting around the O2 issue be that simple?

Keith's Garage
01-27-2009, 05:11 PM
In one word. NO. Fooling the ECU into running the motor lean is a somewhat complicated proccess that we are just starting to figure out. I am working on it right now. I am almost ready to post our results and how we got them. Keep checking back.

jerzhere
01-27-2009, 05:39 PM
In one word. NO. Fooling the ECU into running the motor lean is a somewhat complicated proccess that we are just starting to figure out. I am working on it right now. I am almost ready to post our results and how we got them. Keep checking back.

I had a feeling that was the answer.

I look forward to seeing your results. Thanks!

velorossa22
03-14-2009, 01:43 AM
I understand now how 02 sensors work now, but along time ago I didn't and I wrapped the 02 sensor with AL foil. The weird thing was I got 2mpg better.:eek: Later upon thinking about it and learning how the worked I couldn't figure out why that worked. I still don't. Must have been a weird coincidence.:confused: