PDA

View Full Version : question on vector circuit?

oicu812
02-04-2009, 09:48 PM
i've just orderd my parts for the vexus circuit. for low voltage power supply i'm gonna use my mains for bench testing. i'll be feeding 120 volts ac into a large 120/480 transformer and than rectifing it with a 30 amp 600 volt full wave bridge rectifier feeding a 470 uf and a 22 uf capasitor. for my inducter i'm gonna use a large heavy U shape ferrite core with 15 wraps of #14 copper stranded( do you think its enough resistance? ) my nte517 diode is rated at 15,000 volts, I ordered four of them, not sure if I should put a couple in series. I don't have my automotive ignition coil yet and i'm not sure how far I should go with the output voltage of the coil. I plan on eventually using a big marine or tractor battery with a heavy duty inverter for my power supply once i've bench tested this beast and don't want to dammage the inverter. I plan on using a marine non-resitor spark plug and using an ultrasonic humidifier to mist water vapor into the plasma ball. what do you guys think?

alpha-dog
02-05-2009, 10:15 PM
i've just orderd my parts for the vexus circuit. for low voltage power supply i'm gonna use my mains for bench testing. i'll be feeding 120 volts ac into a large 120/480 transformer and than rectifing it with a 30 amp 600 volt full wave bridge rectifier feeding a 470 uf and a 22 uf capasitor. for my inducter i'm gonna use a large heavy U shape ferrite core with 15 wraps of #14 copper stranded( do you think its enough resistance? ) my nte517 diode is rated at 15,000 volts, I ordered four of them, not sure if I should put a couple in series. I don't have my automotive ignition coil yet and i'm not sure how far I should go with the output voltage of the coil. I plan on eventually using a big marine or tractor battery with a heavy duty inverter for my power supply once i've bench tested this beast and don't want to dammage the inverter. I plan on using a marine non-resitor spark plug and using an ultrasonic humidifier to mist water vapor into the plasma ball. what do you guys think?

How much resistance are you wanting on your inductor ( 15 wraps may only be about .001 ohms )? I would prefer to use magnetic solid core wire on the inductor.

oicu812
02-08-2009, 10:22 AM
thanks alfa dog. unfortunatly in the plans it dosen't say how much resistance to use. have you built a vexus circuit? if so maybe I could copy your plans.