PDA

View Full Version : Plate set up question

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 02:38 AM
I have set up my newest plate design it has 15 SS plates going in +N-+NN-N+N- or something like that I'm not 100% on the way you guys type it out, sorry, but thats what being a newbie is all about right?, anyways, for some reason no matter what configuration i use not all of the plates are bubbling?, It even did the same thing with my first most basic set up of + to - with no neutrals. any tips would be most appreciated.:confused:

geobushono
07-03-2008, 03:08 PM
I found this helpful..........I don't completely understand, but I see what johnaarons is demonstrating, and how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXu4vyGjCXw

dennis13030
07-03-2008, 03:37 PM
I have set up my newest plate design it has 15 SS plates going in +N-+NN-N+N- or something like that I'm not 100% on the way you guys type it out, sorry, but thats what being a newbie is all about right?, anyways, for some reason no matter what configuration i use not all of the plates are bubbling?, It even did the same thing with my first most basic set up of + to - with no neutrals. any tips would be most appreciated.:confused:

Most likely one of two things is happening.
1. Your source of power(battery or power supply) is not supplying enough current/voltage to produce HHO gas. OR
2. You have a dead short between the anode and cathode(+ and - terminals).

What are you using as a power source?

Also

"+" means the plate used as the ANODE or the POSITIVE connection to the power source
"-" means the plate used as the CATHODE or the NEGATIVE connection to the power source
"N" or "n" designates a neutral plate(a plate that sits between the ANODE and CATHODE but it is not wires up). Connection for these plates are done through the electrolyte.

For 12VDC, a common configuration is:

+NNN-NNN+

dennis13030
07-03-2008, 03:46 PM
I found this helpful..........I don't completely understand, but I see what johnaarons is demonstrating, and how it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXu4vyGjCXw

I watched this video. It was not done well. However it is accurate.
He should have made the cathode the reference for the DVM. It would have been better.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Most likely one of two things is happening.
1. Your source of power(battery or power supply) is not supplying enough current/voltage to produce HHO gas. OR
2. You have a dead short between the anode and cathode(+ and - terminals).

What are you using as a power source?

Also

"+" means the plate used as the ANODE or the POSITIVE connection to the power source
"-" means the plate used as the CATHODE or the NEGATIVE connection to the power source
"N" or "n" designates a neutral plate(a plate that sits between the ANODE and CATHODE but it is not wires up). Connection for these plates are done through the electrolyte.

For 12VDC, a common configuration is:

+NNN-NNN+

I know what anodes and cathodes are, lol, but i dont see how there could be a short in my design, if anything im thinking my connectiuon isnt that great, mainly because i need to get some quarter inch nuts, right now the connections are all just sitting there, it does produce ALLOT of HHO though, but most of the plates dont do anything, my power scource has been my battery 12 volt, im not sure how many amps are going through it my guess probably around 20 or so, 15 amp fuse blew along with a 10 25 didnt blow havent rtied 20 yet but still trying.