PDA

View Full Version : Fuelsaver wideband EFIE on a Toyota

jaxbrian
02-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Has anyone tried the Fuelsaver wideband EFIE on a newer Toyota yet? I found it on this website:
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=189.
I have built my system and have not got past the AFR. There is no point to me to have the system if I have to constantly reset the computer.

dslim
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Well from what I know there are no news about anything on the AFR. I've had my system waiting for the update on AFr for a year now, about to throw it out. or maybe sale it.

hydrotinkerer
02-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Probably be better to ask some of those guys on fuelsaver forum.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/index.php

John Sargent
03-19-2009, 07:13 AM
Has anyone tried the Fuelsaver wideband EFIE on a newer Toyota yet? I found it on this website:
http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=189.
I have built my system and have not got past the AFR. There is no point to me to have the system if I have to constantly reset the computer.

The wideband AFR efie from fuelsaver-mpg.com WORKS - I have two of them, and they work like champs. Great product, great service, works when properly installed (follow their directions!).

John

wsv3424
03-23-2009, 11:05 PM
did you get the toyota going yet w/efie from fuelsavers ? have 00 3.4L w/4 weire afr and was told it also has an oxy sensor also what da !@#(*& 's up w/that ? does anyone know for certain? update : called dealer and was confirmed ..looks like 1 up 1 down wow!!info greatly appreciated !!

H2OPWR
03-24-2009, 12:51 AM
did you get the toyota going yet w/efie from fuelsavers ? have 00 3.4L w/4 weire afr and was told it also has an oxy sensor also what da !@#(*& 's up w/that ? does anyone know for certain? update : called dealer and was confirmed ..looks like 1 up 1 down wow!!info greatly appreciated !!

You have pre cat wide band AFR's asd post cat narrow band O2's. In all likelyhood 4 sensors in all. They all have a decision in the fuel mixture. Today they are a bear to get around but with some patience it can be done.

Larry

wsv3424
03-25-2009, 01:06 AM
You have pre cat wide band AFR's asd post cat narrow band O2's. In all likelyhood 4 sensors in all. They all have a decision in the fuel mixture. Today they are a bear to get around but with some patience it can be done.

Larry
larry,
do you know how to approach this competantly?do you know whether fuelsavers wideband will take care of it all or will we need additional electronics? for narrow bands upstream ?
so it looks like we aren't there yet everyone,not yet but glory day when we make it to the promise land.. yipee!!

H2OPWR
03-25-2009, 01:53 AM
larry,
do you know how to approach this competantly?do you know whether fuelsavers wideband will take care of it all or will we need additional electronics? for narrow bands upstream ?
so it looks like we aren't there yet everyone,not yet but glory day when we make it to the promise land.. yipee!!

You will need both pre and post cat enhancers as well as a MAP/MAF enhancer to get it done. There may be more but take it slow and let the ECU rewrite the long term fuel trim.

Larry

galkaen
03-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi

I was able to get a 30% gain in a 2007 by adding some resistance to the MAF sensor. I tried EFIEs all over and wasted my time. AFRs are a real pain.

Alden
05-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Any info on req'd mods for 2002 Toyo Avalon? It has an O2 sensor on each exhaust manifold. k1sdl(at)aol.com