PDA

View Full Version : New Topic for Main Forum - Dealing with Electronic Fuel Injection

gheuett
07-03-2008, 10:01 AM
Hello,

In another thread, we posed the idea of setting up a main folder for the issue of Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) issues. I won't say it's necessarily easy, but the easier part of HHO seems to be producing the gas. The bigger question seems to be how can you make it effective if you have EFI to deal with. Extenders, EFIEs. MAP etc all seem to be solutions, but this is where many of us struggle plus there is where we could really use some tie in with our auto-mechanic buddies. There are a lot of posts related to the issue but it would be nice to try to corral them into one area where everyone working their way along can deal with this issue when you get your generator installed.

Anyway - just a thought. Thanks for all the good work that people are doing. I am randomly running into more people working on HHO. Today I plan to install my generator and start doing the in-car testing. With that, I would love to hook up with a mechanic that is also interested in this who could put the car on the scope and help really sort out what is there and what are our options for adjusting once the HHO is flowing.

I have many waiting on me as their guinea pig and as long as I come back with higher mileage and still have my hair and eyebrows, they will stay interested!

Thanks!
Gib

PAPAFIXIT
07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
I agree with you 110% Gib, the EFI management is definitely a grey zone.
ORGANIZE !!!!!!!!!

kiwibrick
07-03-2008, 07:57 PM
We definitely need an EFI section.

After some more reading and thought it seems to me that we can probably eliminate the problem of the computer richening up the mixture by only harvesting the hydrogen side of the cell and just venting the oxygen, but I guess someone is going to have to try and test it.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Oh yes, that would be most helpful.

RMForbes
07-11-2008, 07:20 PM
My car is a '93 Lexus ES300 with a 3.0 liter V6 with multi-point fuel injecton but the engine control computer is ODBI. The ignition system has a distributor with single coil and igniter that is controled by the ECU for spark advance. On this vehicle there is no need to electronically retard the spark by tampering with the MAP or MAF sensors because the initial timing is set by adjusting the distributor. The O2 sensor does need to be adjusted to step up the output to correct the air fuel mixture to a leaner mixture. I am using a simple curcuit that uses a 555 timer chip and a audio transformer that I found on Zerofossilfuels website. Of course this would not be the same situation for a newer ODBII computer controlled vehicles.

Omega
07-12-2008, 01:27 AM
A section dedicated to EFI mods would be a great addition to the forum.

We tend to focus on gas production, but that's just one piece of the puzzle. The greatest gains will be from tweaking the signals to the computer.

admin
07-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Will add now...

1973dodger
07-12-2008, 09:51 AM
Having this same question and quandry, i did some research and stumbled onto a website of a gentleman who appears to be some type of computer whiz, and is offering an computer automated hho management unit which monitors and controls the map sensor, oxygen sensors, amps, temps, etc. It appears to be at least the first step toward true engine management. The web site is; www.hydroxycorp.com Check it out, if interested, but I think one should use caution in buying one of these units, as I am sure there are still some bugs to be worked. As best as i remember the cost of the unit was $500 to $600.

sincerely,

1973dodger

jimbo40
07-18-2008, 12:17 AM
I like the company's that are out to serve the custumer not themselve.
They should make products the the average hho enthusiest can buy and use. not some high end item that 1 out of 10 can afford.
I'll pass on the web site, to rich for my blood.

ranger2.3
07-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Hello,

In another thread, we posed the idea of setting up a main folder for the issue of Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) issues. I won't say it's necessarily easy, but the easier part of HHO seems to be producing the gas. The bigger question seems to be how can you make it effective if you have EFI to deal with. Extenders, EFIEs. MAP etc all seem to be solutions, but this is where many of us struggle plus there is where we could really use some tie in with our auto-mechanic buddies. There are a lot of posts related to the issue but it would be nice to try to corral them into one area where everyone working their way along can deal with this issue when you get your generator installed.

Anyway - just a thought. Thanks for all the good work that people are doing. I am randomly running into more people working on HHO. Today I plan to install my generator and start doing the in-car testing. With that, I would love to hook up with a mechanic that is also interested in this who could put the car on the scope and help really sort out what is there and what are our options for adjusting once the HHO is flowing.

I have many waiting on me as their guinea pig and as long as I come back with higher mileage and still have my hair and eyebrows, they will stay interested!

Thanks!
Gib

You know what gheuett I think that more and more people are going to start getting interested in HHO. And I think that we should maybe have more of an HHO organization(Not hhoforums, I just mean as a group of people with the same interest, HHO, those inside and outside the forum).

gheuett
07-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Maybe what we need is some kind of database available for us all to enter standard info:

E-mail, Your location, Manufacturer, Make, Model, Year, Booster Type, Production Stage, LPM, Mileage +/-, Problem statement; electronic enhancements....

I made this suggestion on the Yahoo Hydroxy forum - we'll see if anything develops. They have 8000 users - would not be a bad database! Half the time I feel like we are bouncing off walls trying to make progress. Can you imagine how much easier it would be to contact those near you, check on those working on similar vehicles/boosters if you had a database you could search and sort based on any of the fields above?

I really would like to find others around me doing the same thing but it is very difficult unless you have some leads. This would be one way.