PDA

View Full Version : http://www.hhoforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

greuvin
07-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Here is my results Post...

Currently, I'm getting about 5 mpg increase.

I filled up 7/2/08 and got 29 mpg on 11.5 gallons of fuel.

My driving habits include using the AC and running 75mph on 60 mile daily commutes. I do not accellerate slowly from stop signs and red light. I normally shift out at 3500 to 4000 rpms.

I will be reprogramming the fuel air ratio on my car's ECM as soon as my OBD-II cable arrives. I ordered it on 7/3/08.

Mr. Smith

MR. Smith,
How to reprogram the A/F ratio? Can you please describe the procedure when you are familiar with it? I think this is a major issue for most of us with newer cars.

850Turbo
07-08-2008, 04:33 PM
reprogramming the ECM is not something that you want to try in your garage.
It's way more then a do-it yourself project.

Smith03Jetta
07-08-2008, 05:04 PM
I think I can handle it on my own. I have a couple VW mechanics that are going to help me out with the changes. I'm new to this HHO thing but I've got a lot of mechanical knowlege. I've built boats, race cars and motorcycles from the ground up. I also worked for VW for two years from 2003 to 2004.

The Unisettings software that I will be using is specifically for Audis and Volkswagens. You should look on Performance Tuner websites and forums for guys who have written tuner software specific to your new model vehicle.

I've attached a screenshot of the software front screen for your viewing pleasure.

dennis13030
07-08-2008, 05:22 PM
I think I can handle it on my own. I have a couple VW mechanics that are going to help me out with the changes. I'm new to this HHO thing but I've got a lot of mechanical knowlege. I've built boats, race cars and motorcycles from the ground up. I also worked for VW for two years from 2003 to 2004.

The Unisettings software that I will be using is specifically for Audis and Volkswagens. You should look on Performance Tuner websites and forums for guys who have written tuner software specific to your new model vehicle.

I've attached a screenshot of the software front screen for your viewing pleasure.

Sweet interface!