PDA

View Full Version : ocilating polarity

oicu812
07-03-2008, 04:27 PM
helo everyone. i've built a couple wfc's mostly tubular type housed inside a water filter housing with naoh electrolyte. I use mine for welding haven't installed it in my car yet. my question is... if we could switch the polarity of the plates from positive to negative and negative to positive lets say 60 times a minute would'nt that shake the bubbles loose from the stainless plates?

dennis13030
07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
helo everyone. i've built a couple wfc's mostly tubular type housed inside a water filter housing with naoh electrolyte. I use mine for welding haven't installed it in my car yet. my question is... if we could switch the polarity of the plates from positive to negative and negative to positive lets say 60 times a minute would'nt that shake the bubbles loose from the stainless plates?

ROTF LOL

Like using 120VAC from the wall socket. It should be able to produce a lot of HHO but there is NO movement at all. RU serious?

Stratous
07-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Is there a device that can do that with DC power capable of handeling several amps? I am not sure how that would work, only way to know is to try it out.

timetowinarace
07-03-2008, 06:17 PM
This is being done and for the most part setting a PWM to the resonating frequencey of the electrodes will achieve this also. AC current can be used despite the opinions of others that nothing will happen.

Stratous
07-03-2008, 06:39 PM
I tried ac current all that happened was my circuit breaker popped so quickly that it didnt have time to produce. I imagine that the voltage needs to be stepped down from 110 to something like 5volts ac.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Hey what about magnets!!!! I assume everyone here knows how a speaker works , right?, well what if we used a different metal that was ferrous(magnetic) and tried putting one or several magnets at the bottom or along the plates, when electricity goes through them it would cause them to shake,(like sound) I know there would be the issue with using a metal that didnt merk up as fast but what if we just coated another metal such as steel in SS coating of some sort?, any one?

oicu812
07-03-2008, 08:12 PM
ROTF LOL

Like using 120VAC from the wall socket. It should be able to produce a lot of HHO but there is NO movement at all. RU serious? no not at all like alternating current a 120 volt ac circuit is a sine wave that goes from 0 volts to 120 volts 60 times a second here in the us. i'm talking about reversing the polarity of the plates ln a ocillating cycle that would expell the hydrogen and oxegen from their respective plates at 12 volts dc @ 20 amps

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:20 PM
no not at all like alternating current a 120 volt ac circuit is a sine wave that goes from 0 volts to 120 volts 60 times a second here in the us. i'm talking about reversing the polarity of the plates ln a ocillating cycle that would expell the hydrogen and oxegen from their respective plates at 12 volts dc @ 20 amps

oh ok i understand , not sure that would vibrate enough though,

oicu812
07-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Previously, there were two types of currents used to deliver electrical power. Direct Current (DC) that comes from your battery in your automobile discovered by Ben Franklin in the 1700’s and Alternating Current (AC) that was discovered by Nikola Tesla and is used to power your home. Clear Energy, Inc., a small R&D company in Baltimore, Maryland has been issued US Patent number 7,041,203 for a new electrical current. It has been over 100 years since the last patented electrical current was issued by the US Patent Office for Alternating Current (AC). Alternating current (AC) is described as electric current that flows for an interval of time in one direction and then in the opposite direction; that is, a current that flows in alternately reversed directions through or around a circuit. The polarities of electrodes or conductors are constantly swapping polarities when the current changes direction. Direct current (DC) is described as electrical current that flows in one direction, and does not reverse its polarities as alternating current does. The electricity produced in (DC) batteries is direct current. The Plus (+) and Minus (-) polarities of electrodes remain constant and never swap. But, what would happen if you have a polarity reversal within the (+) positive and (-) negative electrode without swapping the polarity of the supply voltage. The result is a new electrical current called Sully Direct Current or (SDC)™ named after its inventor John T. Sullivan. Sully Direct Current (SDC) ™ is described as electrical current that flows for an interval of time in one direction and then in the opposite direction; that is, two or more current paths flowing in alternately reversed directions within a constant (+) Anode and (-)Cathode circuit. The plus (+) and minus (-) supply polarities of electrodes remain constant same as a (DC) battery, the polarities within the electrodes of the circuit are reversing causing an alternating reversing multi-directional currents. Alternating Current (AC) and (SDC) ™ both have current reversal, (AC) changes (+) anode and (-) cathode supply polarity when it changes current direction (SDC) ™ changes current direction without swapping the (+) anode and (-) cathode supply lines. Sully Direct Current (SDC)™ can reverse currents at full voltage or zero volts to produce tuned counter EMF forces and magnetic field reversals. One limiting factor in efficient creation of hydrogen in electrolysis is the attraction created between Hydrogen and Oxygen gas bubbles to electrodes, “they stick like tiny magnets increasing resistance of electrodes” thus reducing gas production. As the SDC current changes direction within an inductive coil, the directions of the magnetic fields reverse creating multidirectional forces on the electrodes and ions. A tuned resonator circuit can creates vibrations on the electrodes; this action shakes the electrodes and significantly increases the release of the hydrogen bubbles resulting in more efficient production of pure Hydrogen and Oxygen. It would not be feasible to use (AC) to create this mechanical action; the gases would mix as polarities are swapped creating an unstable mixed gas.

timetowinarace
07-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Okay, your idea has merit. Properly used PWM's are supposed to accomplish the same thing. Use the pulse to match the resonant frequencies of the plates in the electrolyzer. The pulses cause resonance in the plate wich dislodge bubbles.

dennis13030
07-04-2008, 02:03 AM
no not at all like alternating current a 120 volt ac circuit is a sine wave that goes from 0 volts to 120 volts 60 times a second here in the us. i'm talking about reversing the polarity of the plates ln a ocillating cycle that would expell the hydrogen and oxegen from their respective plates at 12 volts dc @ 20 amps

Even if you made a polarity reversing circuit that would handle 20 Amps at 12VDC, that will not vibrate anything. The polarity reversing circuit that you are referring to can be done with straight 120VAC. If you were to look at the AC signal with an O-scope with the reference attached to either anode or cathode and measure the voltage of the other node, you will see positive 60V then negative 60V or combined to equal 120VAC@60 Hz.

If you want the shake the electrolyzer, that can be do to. But it requires that you use a motor and an offset rotating mass.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-04-2008, 02:48 AM
Previously, there were two types of currents used to deliver electrical power. Direct Current (DC) that comes from your battery in your automobile discovered by Ben Franklin in the 1700’s and Alternating Current (AC) that was discovered by Nikola Tesla and is used to power your home. Clear Energy, Inc., a small R&D company in Baltimore, Maryland has been issued US Patent number 7,041,203 for a new electrical current. It has been over 100 years since the last patented electrical current was issued by the US Patent Office for Alternating Current (AC). Alternating current (AC) is described as electric current that flows for an interval of time in one direction and then in the opposite direction; that is, a current that flows in alternately reversed directions through or around a circuit. The polarities of electrodes or conductors are constantly swapping polarities when the current changes direction. Direct current (DC) is described as electrical current that flows in one direction, and does not reverse its polarities as alternating current does. The electricity produced in (DC) batteries is direct current. The Plus (+) and Minus (-) polarities of electrodes remain constant and never swap. But, what would happen if you have a polarity reversal within the (+) positive and (-) negative electrode without swapping the polarity of the supply voltage. The result is a new electrical current called Sully Direct Current or (SDC)™ named after its inventor John T. Sullivan. Sully Direct Current (SDC) ™ is described as electrical current that flows for an interval of time in one direction and then in the opposite direction; that is, two or more current paths flowing in alternately reversed directions within a constant (+) Anode and (-)Cathode circuit. The plus (+) and minus (-) supply polarities of electrodes remain constant same as a (DC) battery, the polarities within the electrodes of the circuit are reversing causing an alternating reversing multi-directional currents. Alternating Current (AC) and (SDC) ™ both have current reversal, (AC) changes (+) anode and (-) cathode supply polarity when it changes current direction (SDC) ™ changes current direction without swapping the (+) anode and (-) cathode supply lines. Sully Direct Current (SDC)™ can reverse currents at full voltage or zero volts to produce tuned counter EMF forces and magnetic field reversals. One limiting factor in efficient creation of hydrogen in electrolysis is the attraction created between Hydrogen and Oxygen gas bubbles to electrodes, “they stick like tiny magnets increasing resistance of electrodes” thus reducing gas production. As the SDC current changes direction within an inductive coil, the directions of the magnetic fields reverse creating multidirectional forces on the electrodes and ions. A tuned resonator circuit can creates vibrations on the electrodes; this action shakes the electrodes and significantly increases the release of the hydrogen bubbles resulting in more efficient production of pure Hydrogen and Oxygen. It would not be feasible to use (AC) to create this mechanical action; the gases would mix as polarities are swapped creating an unstable mixed gas.

wow that is very interesting, i had not ever heard of sdc before, pretty neat stuff, you learn something new everyday, but what about my magnet idea, is that feasable at all?

oicu812
07-05-2008, 01:57 PM
I do like your idea of magnets electronic3rd. creating a magnetic field within the generator sounds intresting and easy enough to expirement with. i've been thinking more about the reverse polarity thing and maybe just a quick pulse of reverse polarity at regulated inteverals might do the trick to expell the bubbles from the plates? what do you think?