PDA

View Full Version : Custom Plates Available Soon

computerclinic
07-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I will be purchasing a 4 x 8 sheet of 304 soon and I will likely be pre cutting and drilling/tapping plates to various sizes. Most of which will be for sale on Ebay to help recover my costs ($375 for the sheet).

Though it will be reasonably priced on Ebay, custom plates will be made available significantly cheaper here in the community.

I need to work up the profits on other endeavors before I can get the sheet so it may take a week or two before it is ordered, then an additional week before I can get my hands on it and begin fabricating the plates as it takes up to 5 business days for the local distributer to get it.

316L is my first choice of course, but its just to expensive - maybe after I work up some profit from the first sheet.

Loans are being offered to me from family members because of the intrest that is developing, so maybe if there is enough intrest in the material (Pre-sale) then I just may take them up on the offers.

I dont want to build complete kits because of my inexperience so far, but I believe in the technology, and I have a whopper of a work shop in my garage so I will sell what I know will work for experimenters and experts alike and make it easier for folks to get a hold of the materials necessary at a VERY affordable price.

If anyone is interested, please respond to this thread, or email me at computerclinic@atlasok.com ---NO SPAM PLEASE!!!

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Where are you buying the sheet from? I may want to do this with you as well.

computerclinic
07-03-2008, 08:14 PM
http://www.alro.com/SECLocations/locations_tu.cfm

This is the local distrib in my area

http://www.alro.com/SECLocations/location3.cfm

Here is the list of all locations they have avail. If you look and call around a bit, you will likely find a steel distributer in your area if Alro is not close to you.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:19 PM
How much is SS on average?

computerclinic
07-03-2008, 08:23 PM
It varies greatly on the type of SS, the gauge, size of the sheet and the location of your local distributer. The 304 Im looking to start out with will run me about $375 out of pocket, plus I have to pick it up. (Heavy and bulky stuff)

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:28 PM
It varies greatly on the type of SS, the gauge, size of the sheet and the location of your local distributer. The 304 Im looking to start out with will run me about $375 out of pocket, plus I have to pick it up. (Heavy and bulky stuff)
How big of a sheet/guage as well.

computerclinic
07-03-2008, 08:31 PM
4' x 8' -- 14 Gauge -- 304 SS

ELECTR0N3RD
07-03-2008, 08:36 PM
4' x 8' -- 14 Gauge -- 304 SS

ouch, that sruff IS expensive, lol, let me build up some money once i get a job at el taco bell, lol, also im selling HHO generators.

computerclinic
07-03-2008, 08:54 PM
In bulk it is kind of expensive, but when you are breaking the sheet down into plates, the plates can be sold off at an inexpensive rate.

lou
07-08-2008, 07:01 AM
How many units will a sheet make?

And ck into industrial auctions you may be surprised and find some up for auction. Often find big boxes of scrap metal and sheets by the pallet, walk off with much more than a sheet and the cost you talking. IMHO

tbhavsar
07-08-2008, 07:13 AM
I went to their office in NJ; min. order is $150/-; look for dropzone for scrap or leftover materials.

http://www.yarde.com/cgi-bin/dropzone.pl

computerclinic
07-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I like the idea of looking into scrap auctions to save a few bucks, but with that comes alot of extra time necessary to matchup SS grade, gauge, finish, flatness, and overall condition....I am still very much open to suggestions on where to find a better deal than what I have so far so I can pass the saving on to the community. I want to provide top notch materials so folks can experiment and trust their results as well as put it in their vehicles and run like a champ. Thanks TBH and LOU...

Gonna stick to my local distrib. unless someone can point me to something better...Thanks all!

Omega
07-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Say computer clinic, have you committed to buy your SS sheet yet?

The reason I ask is that 14 gauge is quite a bit thicker than most people use. IF I were you, I would be looking at 18 gauge at the thickest and more like 20 gauge or 22 gauge for the best choice. 20 gauge is .0356" and is plenty thick. If a customer wants to bend a plate for his design, bending 14 gauge is going to be tough!!

The thinner material should be less expensive and much easier to drill and work with.

While talking to your distributor, you might ask them if they know of anyone with a press break that could cut your material. A press brake makes perfectly straight cuts and will save you a fortune in saw blades and effort. You could get them to cut strips for you so that you could cut them to different lengths that your customers might ask for or leave a tab on top for electrical connections. That way a bunch of the hard work is done for you. I wouldn't cut the whole sheet all at once; you might find some sizes are more desirable to customers than others.

I'm an old guy and have been around this kind of stuff for a long time. If you can get some of the cutting or punching done cheaply, go for it!! Spend your time marketing and putting eBay listings together instead of sweating unnecessarily in the shop.

PM me and let me know where you are in Oklahoma, I know a few shops down that way that might be able to help you out....

computerclinic
07-08-2008, 10:49 PM
I will be starting out with 14 gauge, and then picking up thinner stock, plus mesh and wire, too. I went with the 14 gauge as the first shot because Im not sure how much of a response I will have in sales. If it does not work out, I can use the metals for other stuff.

If anyone is wondering, YES I CAN get thinner stock at any time as long as the order is placed and paid for, I can get anything a customer wants, and I will fabricate to stock designs or to custom specifications.

BTW, I will be selling on Ebay and my website. It is a family operation and I will be providing a coupon code for members of the community here so they do not have to pay the full asking price (which will already be inexpensive). After all, we are not looking to get rich, just a bit to pay for further experiments and developments with a little left over on the side - so expect to see VERY reasonable pricing on everything I carry.

rmptr
07-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Good luck to you Comp!

I agree with Omega, though...

I'll watch for you to post size and prices... NOT happy with recep covers.

Maybe you could stock threaded nylon rod and flash back preventers????

Quosino has a $100 minimum order...

best

mikestrikes
07-09-2008, 12:42 PM
How much for cut plates ?

20.. of 4" by 10"
4.. of 1/2" by 10"

computerclinic
07-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Im still working out the pricing for various sizes and options such as predrilled holes, tabs, and so on...Also figuring the public prices versus the hhoforums discount prices, too...I am working as quickly as possible without rushing. Anything worth doing is worth taking time to do it right. Right?

The site is nearly completed, and I will have prices worked out likely no later than this weekend...

More than likely, I will have the steel available right away (next weekend), plus a couple of things that Stratous will be making available, too.....Additional grades and gauges, plus other parts, pieces, and hardware folks are looking for will be added in the VERY near future....

mikestrikes
07-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Well from the test I done today I may not be needing 14 ga but thinner, I'll be looking for updates on what you will have.

computerclinic
07-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Sounds like I made a wrong turn when I selected the startup gauge. I was thinking about durability when I placed the order for 14 gauge. I will be placing an order for some 20 gauge this weekend due to popular comments and suggestions. Thank you folks so much for the input. I cant begin to tell you how important it is for me to recieve such a response.

I had to dip into the pockets a bit deeper than anticipated for the startup costs, but we will have what folks are actually wanting and needing so it is worth it.

Started my own experiments with outlet covers and moved onto some scraps that a friend gave me, and now I am experimenting with 14 gauge. Thats what got me to thinking that it would be a good start.

I havent noticed a measurable difference in gas or electric related to the thichness, is it a matter of heating up wires - or the workability of the plates to suit the needs of your cells?

mikestrikes
07-10-2008, 11:07 AM
I bet the 14 ga would make a kick butt box to build a cell with.

I myself haven't tested with 14 ga v/s say 20 ga to see but I would think the thinner stuff would make a lighter cell, cost less, easier to drill and should last a good long time.

I was just thinking that the thinner stuff would be better to use but I am wrong alot also.........LOL.

Let me know price and we'll see. But no matter what Thank You for going out of your way to help the HHO people.

computerclinic
07-10-2008, 11:34 AM
I now have 20 gauge 304 grade available as rectangle cut plates or fabricated with tabs.

The website will be open no later than this weekend, but if you would like to make a purchase or have questions, please message me or drop me an email at computerclinic@atlasok.com

Thanks again y'all

admin
07-12-2008, 06:20 AM
Pictures, etc?

computerclinic
07-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Well the shop is not open 100% as of yet. We are awaiting permission from the board to conduct business and fabricate metals on the premises. Once we have the okay, we will be in full swing, but for now, we have a few items to select from. Please excuse the incomplete site...As I mentioned earlier, we are not open 100% yet so I am lacking alot of stock and images, but we do have a few things available.

Looking for feedback about pricing and the types of plates folks are looking for. DO NOT TRUST THE PRICING ON THE SITE YET! We are still hammering out the details of this and are subject to change. If there is something you like or would like to see available, please let me know by messaging me or drop me an email at computerclinic@atlasok.com

We hope to complete the pricing, cosmetics, and stocking sometime this week, and have board approval by the end of the month. Until then, we can only do Ebay stuff and a few "private" sales. So please let us know what you think....Here is the URL to the shop...

http://hydromonster.com

Omega
07-15-2008, 12:19 AM
Hey, CC, how will you cut the plates?

What would the tolerance be, for example, 3" +/- how many thousandths?

I'm thinking about making a cell that's enclosed on the sides with polycarbonate (Lexan) like Zero Fossil Fuel does. When you make a cell like that, it requires uniform plate width.

Thanks.

computerclinic
07-17-2008, 08:09 PM
Omega, if you are looking for 1000th of an inch tolerance, you may probably want to look into precision shops who operate with CNC or water jet cutting.

We use a press brake and get closer than 1/32 of an inch. I was in a motorcycle accident earlier this week so it will be a bit before I can produce again, plus I am still waiting for inspections and board approval.

If you are building a generator that requires such extreme close tolerance, there is absolutly NO ROOM for error and you may want to have the pro shop construct the whole thing for you. Thats the sort of precision fit for a piston and sleeve in you engine.

1/32 of an inch, in my opinion and experiences, is very precise for this sort of application and should not require much more than that.

Stratous
07-17-2008, 08:27 PM
I have been wondering what happened to you, I hope your ok?

computerclinic
07-17-2008, 09:23 PM
I'll be okay...I was on my bike in Tulsa when a drunk driver rear ended me at a light...I went over his hood and rolled over to the next car. Busted rib and a few jammed fingers (thank god for skid lids!)...Not much but enough to make life a bit trickey-especially when everything revolves around the PC and work shop...lol...Thanks for asking about me :)

Omega
07-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Omega, if you are looking for 1000th of an inch tolerance, you may probably want to look into precision shops who operate with CNC or water jet cutting.

We use a press brake and get closer than 1/32 of an inch. I was in a motorcycle accident earlier this week so it will be a bit before I can produce again, plus I am still waiting for inspections and board approval.

If you are building a generator that requires such extreme close tolerance, there is absolutly NO ROOM for error and you may want to have the pro shop construct the whole thing for you. Thats the sort of precision fit for a piston and sleeve in you engine.

1/32 of an inch, in my opinion and experiences, is very precise for this sort of application and should not require much more than that.

I think you read something into my question that isn't there. The answer to the question I asked is +/- 30 thousandths. I just wanted to know how many, didn't ask for one thousandth.

That was easy. :D Thanks for your response, hope you get healed up real quick.

computerclinic
08-05-2008, 04:49 PM
2" wide plates are now available in a few different lengths and configurations.

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM or look to http://hydromonster.com (still under construction, and prices are not accurate on the site yet) for details starting Wed August 6

The site will have a bunch more sizes and other hardware by the end of the month.

JojoJaro
08-06-2008, 08:42 PM
How much for 7"X1.6" 316L plates? I need 24.

computerclinic
08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
How much for 7"X1.6" 316L plates? I need 24.

Right now I am only stocked with 304.

JojoJaro
08-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Right now I am only stocked with 304.

how much for 304?

computerclinic
08-07-2008, 09:53 PM
I would have to cut a custom set for you. It would be about $35 for all of the plates and would include shipping, too.. It is a custom cut because the smallest stock that I have right now is 2".

computerclinic
08-15-2008, 10:13 AM
It has been a while but I am now able to get into the shop and get stuff done. Still dont have board approval to produce in bulk, but I am able to get small orders for individuals out via Ebay. The website will be done by the end of the weekend and will reflect the correct pricing and available stock only - no speculations...If it is listed, it is available.

I also urge folks to look to Stratous and c02cutter for additional quality materials.

If you are interested in plates, plate packs, or complete electrode cores please drop me a line via instan message or stop in the website after this weekend...

Thanks folks!
George

tbhavsar
08-18-2008, 02:05 PM
It has been a while but I am now able to get into the shop and get stuff done. Still dont have board approval to produce in bulk, but I am able to get small orders for individuals out via Ebay. The website will be done by the end of the weekend and will reflect the correct pricing and available stock only - no speculations...If it is listed, it is available.

I also urge folks to look to Stratous and c02cutter for additional quality materials.

If you are interested in plates, plate packs, or complete electrode cores please drop me a line via instan message or stop in the website after this weekend...

Thanks folks!
George

Would you drill holes for +, - and Neutral plates?

computerclinic
08-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Pre-drilled holes are no problem. We use a drill press to ensure a clean hole, then file down the rough edge so your hardware will have a flush meeting with the plates...

ridelong
08-19-2008, 05:22 PM
computerclinic,

Looked at Mcmaster Carr. They sell a 3 foot by 8 foot 0.030 thick sheet of 316 for $213. That works out to $248 for an 4 x 8 foot sheet. Hope that helps, good luck with your sales. This will be a great resource for lots of people.

computerclinic
08-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Thats a great price for 316...I looked into it and its accurate, but I diddnt look into shipping. For something that size, I am sure the grand total would work out to being right about the same as what I am getting it for at my local distributer....Good link longride..Thank you...

computerclinic
09-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Sorry to announce that I will not be able to do business as of yet. I dont have the proper fire suppression in my shop and it will be a month or two before I have it installed, and then I have to wait for yet another inspection once it is installed.

I will however be able to produce on a small scale and list on Ebay. For those who have been watching the website develop, you can see that the site is almost done, but because I cant produce any product, it will be quite a while before it is done.

The site will include items that dont sell on ebay as they are posted. If there is something that you would like fabricated, let me know and I will respond with what I may be able to do for you, but as for bulk orders...I just cant right now...at least until I am legal.

Thanks all...

fishkiller72
09-16-2008, 12:32 AM
how do you plan on cutting the steel?

tbhavsar
09-16-2008, 11:05 AM

Thanks folks!
George

I have created my account and ready to order 2 sets of 6" x 2" (7 plates config); but I would like to see pictures with 1/4" holes so I can visualize how I would connect. please post the link or another thread where I can see pics. Thanks.

tbhavsar
09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Sorry to announce that I will not be able to do business as of yet. I dont have the proper fire suppression in my shop and it will be a month or two before I have it installed, and then I have to wait for yet another inspection once it is installed.

I will however be able to produce on a small scale and list on Ebay. For those who have been watching the website develop, you can see that the site is almost done, but because I cant produce any product, it will be quite a while before it is done.

The site will include items that dont sell on ebay as they are posted. If there is something that you would like fabricated, let me know and I will respond with what I may be able to do for you, but as for bulk orders...I just cant right now...at least until I am legal.

Thanks all...

Hi,

Can you send me ebay link? I would like to order 2 sets of finished (with pre-driiled 1/4" holes) 7 plates 2" x 6" (including 3 plates with tab for connections). Please let me know what would be shipping cost for these order.

-Tushar

Phantom240
09-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Hey there 'ol buddy... what ever happened to the plates I ordered nearly a month ago? The ones you said came back to you September 10th because your wife messed up some shipping info?

Phantom240
10-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Are you like... dead or something? It would be nice to get a response.

hallowsirens
10-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Computer Clinic was trying to go legit with this stuff.

I'm not to sure i'd be up for that.

Altho it's highly unlikely, i wouldn't be overly surprised to think some one can disappear in American for any range of questionable reasons.

They have tried to supress this info for a while (re: Stan Meyer).

Maybe one day we should all get posters/signs about HHO cells and protest out in front of our cities busiest gas stations and get the word out to so many people it could never be stopped.

JonDoh
10-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Well.... guess I ain't ordering anything.......:confused:

Phantom240
10-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Well.... guess I ain't ordering anything.......:confused:

I wouldn't just yet.

oicu812
10-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey there 'ol buddy... what ever happened to the plates I ordered nearly a month ago? The ones you said came back to you September 10th because your wife messed up some shipping info?

hey phantom ... he told me the same thing a month ago. he didn't waste any time cashing the $60 dollar money order. oh well live and learn. btw i've tried many times to email and pm him with no response. I finally went with onlinemetals shiping was fast and they do perfect custom cuts.

Phantom240
10-10-2008, 10:20 PM
hey phantom ... he told me the same thing a month ago. he didn't waste any time cashing the $60 dollar money order. oh well live and learn. btw i've tried many times to email and pm him with no response. I finally went with onlinemetals shiping was fast and they do perfect custom cuts.

Yep. PayPal is the only way to roll.

To the rest of you:

I honestly wouldn't deal with computerclinic just yet. Seems he takes your money and bull****s you into thinking there was a mistake, and you're out of money and plates.

Filed a claim with PayPal to get my money back over a week ago, and still he hasn't responded to PayPal's email asking for a response.

Dodging PayPal for money that was SUPPOSED to be refunded to me for a 'mistake' he made?

Hmmm...