PDA

View Full Version : Some Q's

rules
07-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi all

Just trying to figure some things out before I jump in, boots and all :)

Can this be used on a petrol turbo car? I remember reading that it was a bad idea feeding HHO into the car's intake before the air intake sensors and such and the way I see it, the only place I would be able to get it into the intake is in front of the turbo. This means that it has to pass not only the very warm turbo but also all the sensors and such.

I have searched all over and nowhere does anyone mention how much gas is optimum for what size engine. Surely you can't use the same generator for both a Mini and a Hummer. How do you know how much?

I also read that you have to build or buy a little gadget to trick your O2 sensor. That's all fair and well, but how do you know how much or how little to adjust it?

Thanks.

timetowinarace
07-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi all

Just trying to figure some things out before I jump in, boots and all :)

Can this be used on a petrol turbo car? I remember reading that it was a bad idea feeding HHO into the car's intake before the air intake sensors and such and the way I see it, the only place I would be able to get it into the intake is in front of the turbo. This means that it has to pass not only the very warm turbo but also all the sensors and such.

I have searched all over and nowhere does anyone mention how much gas is optimum for what size engine. Surely you can't use the same generator for both a Mini and a Hummer. How do you know how much?

I also read that you have to build or buy a little gadget to trick your O2 sensor. That's all fair and well, but how do you know how much or how little to adjust it?

Thanks.

Yep, it can be injected pre-turbo. That's how my turbo diesel is set up. The sensors should be located right after the airbox and it would probably be better to inject somewhere between the sensors and turbo but before the sensors should work too.

How much is a good question but there are too many variables for you to get a straight answer. Many will say the more the better but I've read others say they made mpg gains reducing hho. Depends on the car. Just have to play with it untill you've reached the peak.

Better to start by adding just the electrolyzer, get the wireing right, adjust the electrolyte/amps, and measure mpg's to see where your at. Then you can start thinking about O2 sensors and the like. At least I think so.

rules
07-04-2008, 12:41 PM
The thing is there are 3 sensors on the induction "circuit" and I don't know which one is supposedly the problematic one. There is the MAF (airflow) right after the airbox, then there is a MAP (pressure) and AIT (temp) just before the throttle.

How do you monitor and or adjust the ammount of HHO gas?

The problem is, I'm thinking of doing this to my 2001 Volvo, which has this super complicated electronic throttle and I'm sure as soon as I start "pumping" in the HHO it is going to complain :) so I will have to "mess" with the O2 sensors.

rmptr
07-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Rules, I <<think>> at our present experimental level the mount of HHO introduced is merely adding burn enhancement to the gasoline fuel.

You can tell if it's working when the sensors instruct the ECM to richen the fuel mix because it's too lean.

Then, you may need to begin the quest to modify sensors output and 'fool' the ECM into accepting the lean mix.

If your ECM will accept the improvement without adjustment, all the better!

Of course things will change when attempting to run only from HHO.

Best

Boltazar
07-05-2008, 05:21 PM
rmptr

I agree the HHO is just a enhanser to the gasoline, making it burn at a higher octain.

Some cars have a HOT wire across the air intake somewhere, that could ignite the HHO before it gets into the manifold.

I don't think there is any way to see the computer change the gas to air ratio with out meters

There are a lot of things to check into to do this rite guys, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Pete

justaguy
07-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Rules, do a LPM check to see how much hydrogen your generator is putting out. On most vehicles you need at least 1 LPM to benefit, larger motors need more.
The best way is to add a second generator , if your first one is getting 1 LPM adding the second would put you up to 2 which is pretty good.

jousterusa
07-07-2008, 09:43 PM
There's an all-about-EFIE site you can click on in the Resources section of hhovideo.org. It is a darned good site.

BTW, it's going to be the MAP sensor, and there may be another one after the catalytic converter. There's dual MAP Sesnor Enhancers but if it's after the catalyzer it doesn't matter, or so I'm told. You just need the single EFIE. Buy a Haynes manual so you can understand the relationship and wiring. Also, AutoZone offers a still-incomplete collection of wiring diagrams if you register, and that can be very useful if they have your car.