PDA

View Full Version : Science and Chemistry forum

CaptainAwesome
05-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Hello from Sweden!

I just found this forum a few minutes ago on Google while looking for discussions on topics like the chemistry and science behind electrolysis. Might that be an interesting section to add?

For example, what is the scientific reason for using neutral plates in a cell?
Is there a difference in HHO production under pressure/vacuum?
What is the exact reaction formula going on when adding baking soda to the water?
Is there any difference in production depending on the shape of the plates (like very long, thin plates vs. square shaped plates)?
What different kinds of stainless steel is most common and are there other materials (like platinum- or gold coated plates?) that would work better?
What output of electricity can one expect when jacking the cell into a cars generator?

I think a deeper knowledge of what is really going on in the cells would help a lot of people build more effective devices. As an example there's a lot of videos on youtube where people just randomly try different plate setups (like ++--++nn++--++ etc) without knowing why, or where they add loads of baking soda to the water and don't understand why the produced gas won't burn well :)

h-power
05-23-2008, 04:02 PM
beijmanli, this is not a forum for your advertising. Find another home.

grimr27
05-23-2008, 04:26 PM
captian Awesome has a good point i dont understand these things i have a cell but its hard to inprove it when i dont understand how.

Ronjinsan
05-28-2008, 03:31 AM
Yep...we all have questions to ask and maybe answers to give! How can we split the subjects up and put them into the right categories though? For instance, at the moment I am struggling to find the best vantage point on the engine to attach to! I would love to chat with guys who have tried the different vacuum and non-vacuum points to find out which is the best.

volomike
06-29-2008, 03:26 AM
And a child forum of this could be Glossary/Acronyms, perhaps.