PDA

View Full Version : EFIE Question

Bassman
02-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Adjusting the EFIE, I noticed that the XGauge doesn't reflect the voltage offset. If the EFIE is adding .2 volts to the output of the Oxygen Sensor, Shouldn't the lowest voltage that the XGauge reads from the computer not be below .2 volts?

Painless
02-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Adjusting the EFIE, I noticed that the XGauge doesn't reflect the voltage offset. If the EFIE is adding .2 volts to the output of the Oxygen Sensor, Shouldn't the lowest voltage that the XGauge reads from the computer not be below .2 volts?

I assume you're talking about a scanguage? I have one myself.

If you alter the EFIE signal, remember that you aren't likely to see the adjustment, the signal will appear normal as the fuel injectors stop compensating. The thing to watch is your long and short term fuel trims, you should see these go more positive without the EFIE, then back to normal with the EFIE set correctly.

Russ.

Bassman
02-27-2009, 09:29 AM
I assume you're talking about a scanguage? I have one myself.

If you alter the EFIE signal, remember that you aren't likely to see the adjustment, the signal will appear normal as the fuel injectors stop compensating. The thing to watch is your long and short term fuel trims, you should see these go more positive without the EFIE, then back to normal with the EFIE set correctly.

Russ.

How do you determine which Trim Bank to code the Scangauge as there is 4 banks?

I was thinking that you was actually reading the voltage from the Oxygen Sensor and with the EFIE in the line that it would read at it's lowest what the EFIE sent to the computer.

Am I understanding that you are saying that the Oxygen sensor voltage is a signal that is used by the computer to adjust the injectors and not the voltage seen on the Scangauge?
That really doesn't make sense to me but you are probably right because I know it doesn't effect the Oxygen signal on the Scangauge. I'm just trying to understand what I'm seeing. Thanks for replying.