PDA

View Full Version : Built a small generator today. Woot.

Phantom240
07-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Built a small generator today using some spare materials I've had laying around for a while. Mind you, its crude, inefficient, etc.... but it makes hho. how much? I honestly don't know yet lol. I used a mason jar, the real wide mouth kind, some 3/8 304 stainless allthread, 304 stainless fender washers, 304 stainless SAE washers (to space my fender washers). The two allthread/washer setups mesh with each other with very little space between the two of them, but don't have a whole lot of surface area to work with. Oh well, my stainless plate should be coming in soon. Pics when I can find my camera. More or less this unit is just to prove to a couple of those "you're a moron for tryin this" kinda people.

Stratous
07-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Built a small generator today using some spare materials I've had laying around for a while. Mind you, its crude, inefficient, etc.... but it makes hho. how much? I honestly don't know yet lol. I used a mason jar, the real wide mouth kind, some 3/8 304 stainless allthread, 304 stainless fender washers, 304 stainless SAE washers (to space my fender washers). The two allthread/washer setups mesh with each other with very little space between the two of them, but don't have a whole lot of surface area to work with. Oh well, my stainless plate should be coming in soon. Pics when I can find my camera. More or less this unit is just to prove to a couple of those "you're a moron for tryin this" kinda people.

LOL, I had to prove it to a few people as well. They just didnt want to believe it was so easy to crack water.

Phantom240
07-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah. Playing with the electrolyte mix (mind you, I'm using baking soda til I can get ahold of some better stuff), I was able to make it really shine without producing enough heat to boil... tons of gas. I just need to seal up a small leak I have to really see how much gas I'm making, and find my clamp meter to see what kinda current draw I'm having.