PDA

View Full Version : WARNING!! do not attempt to Ignite Hh0 Generators To Test!!!!!

ELECTR0N3RD
07-06-2008, 03:26 AM
LOL, funny story, I had just finished building my newest HHO generator, and normally i take a long match stick and ignite the end of the output and watch it make a suction noise and let out a few flames, BUT this ones much much more powerfull, lol, my entire freaking device EXPLODED into 11 pieces!! luckily nothing was broke except the container,(the electrical box found at home depot) but This is a VERY good example of why it pays not to be stupid, i had to buy a new container and redrill everything, so yeah it pretty much sucked, any other funny stories anyone?

PAPAFIXIT
07-06-2008, 09:06 AM
E-3RD,
That was probably exiting but definitly dumb. Your eyebrows will grow back eventually.

Stratous
07-06-2008, 09:36 AM
LOL, after all the post about flame arrestors and bubblers to prevent this from happening and you still light the exit tube....exciting but dumb....lol. I am laughing hard at this.

oicu812
07-06-2008, 10:40 AM
I use mine for welding and have never had a problem, of coarse i'm using a flash arrestor. go to a welding supply store and they'll set you up.

wljohns
07-06-2008, 11:17 AM
I filled a 2liter bottle and lit it for July4. Made a very nice BOOM.
Wife was pitching a fit so I used a 6ft pvc pipe with paper towel taped to the end as a torch. Safe but effective.

"neighbors called an asked if I was ok cause they all know what I am playing with"

Phantom240
07-06-2008, 01:06 PM
LOL I did something similar. I took one of my prototypes, and put some 20oz. bottles in a 5 gallon bucket of water, turned em upside down, and filled em up with HHO. Then I threw them in the bonfire and it was funny seeing everyone's reaction... "Dude, why are you throwing plastic in the fire?".. "cause its gonna be funny"... BOOOM! "What the f**k was that?!?"

lol.

justaguy
07-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Me and my nephew assembled our first unit this week in his garage. It was putting out pretty good bubbles so he sticks the hose in a plastic water bottle and says... I think i,ll lite it and see if the gas is there.

I told him of coarse the f***king gas is there to not lite that. He walks over to a open area, no lid on the bottle either. I sorta figured all the gas might be leaked out. He put the bottle on the floor and lit it. Holy crap !!!! It sounded like a stick of dynomite, the bottle shot across the room like lightning, blew the bottom off of the bottle even with no lid on the bottle.

LMAO I said, damnnnn!!!!! I told you . I advised him to never do that again. He said if he ever did it again he would wear earplugs,lol

PAPAFIXIT
07-06-2008, 03:15 PM
This was inevitable LOL.

ELECTR0N3RD
07-07-2008, 02:09 AM
lol, i think i found a piece of pvc shrapnel in my arm, j/k.

Ronjinsan
07-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Electron you have now earned the official title of "Bright Spark", just dont try this stuff with a glass one pls!