PDA

View Full Version : My new cell

cpozzer
05-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi guys, finally i found this forum!

This is my new cell, i am completing it tonight, its gonna be installed on my 2 stroke 180cc scooter!
At the moment i have another cell installed but not very happy with it

What do you think about this?

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/8500/dsc01432eo9.th.jpg (http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01432eo9.jpg)

brunet
05-12-2008, 07:19 PM
cool cell. I have a smiliar one, and i have crazy heat problems. Need to experiment with neutral plates, i hear they help heat problems, not sure how though. Tell me how it goes! hopefully you don't have heating issues.

cpozzer
05-13-2008, 01:40 PM
cool cell. I have a smiliar one, and i have crazy heat problems. Need to experiment with neutral plates, i hear they help heat problems, not sure how though. Tell me how it goes! hopefully you don't have heating issues.

the cell is working ok, but at usual if you go high on amps the mixture heats up to fast, now im trying to hook up to cells in series. Should lower amps, lets see if i can get the same production.

Claudio

cpozzer
05-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Great, ive just started the 2 gens in series, they are both 1 litre glass jars, am working with distelled water and 2 teaspoons of baking soda in each, currunt amp draw is 1,5 amps and the amount of bubbles is they same as one gen alone with a 6 amp draw.

:D

this is the setup! now im gonna try adding more baking soda so i can raise amp draw to about 4amps.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3450/dsc01433ne5.th.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01433ne5.jpg)

cpozzer
05-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Ok guys, 20 minutes of activity!

Results

Bubbles are the same as the begining
The temp of the water has gone up 2° celcius
The amp draw range is from 1,5 to 1,7

Tomorrow ill think about setting up another 1/2 litre jar and hook it up to the rest

Cheers

cpozzer
05-13-2008, 04:55 PM
ok,

i just did a test now, these are the results

Started test

Temp water started at 23,4°c
current amp draw 0.7 amp
50ml per minute

Production is kinda slow, but if you look at the amp draw....not even 1 amp!!!And after 30 minutes at 12v the 2 gens are at 25°c

i know that i will be going nowhere with 50ml per minute, but if i can multiply that 50ml x 5, that would mean 250ml per minute with a 5 amp draw!

Sounds good to me

:D

cpozzer
05-13-2008, 05:55 PM
ok, now its been running for more than 1 hour! its bubbling more than before and the tempreture of the water in both gens is 29.5°C, the amp draw at the moment is 1,1

I think that hooking up more will do the job :-)

Ronjinsan
05-28-2008, 05:11 AM
So any news? I was following your progress eagerly as I want to make one for my motorbike too! I am getting 20 new SS plates today so will be starting at the weekend. Your plates gap looks a bit wide, or is it just the picture?

cpozzer
06-16-2008, 06:42 PM
at the moment i cannot proceed becuase the cell is using to many amps! im waiting for a pwm test! ill let you know about it

the gap is 6mm

Ronjinsan
06-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Try less gap...say 2 to 3mm max then add some neutrals and drop the electrolyte level. Are you going to run this on a 7amp scooter battery? Cheers...... :D Oh this is my Scooter prototype cell +nn-nn+ What part of Italy are you in?

m_1000rr6
06-17-2008, 07:43 AM
Hello,

I noticed that in the construction of your cell, you didn't insulate the lower "strap" that spans across the lower plates. I am assuming that this may be the cause of your high amp draw as the current is "leaking" and causing a short circuit. I would try to insulate that lower area on the strap directly below the plates.

cpozzer
06-24-2008, 02:59 PM
yup! 7 amp on a scooter battery, i know that its a lot and thats why i would like to work with a max of 4 amps, the battery is capable of 11amps but i dont want to drain it dead

Omega
06-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Can you reduce the amount of baking soda? If you can, that will bring the amp draw down.

zenoptic
07-22-2008, 04:52 AM
Hi guys, finally i found this forum!

This is my new cell, i am completing it tonight, its gonna be installed on my 2 stroke 180cc scooter!
At the moment i have another cell installed but not very happy with it

What do you think about this?

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/8500/dsc01432eo9.th.jpg (http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01432eo9.jpg)

I have a 2t as well. What about the oil needed?

cougar gt-e
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
I have a 2t as well. What about the oil needed?

Oil?

That goes in the engine, not the hho generator! :)

But seriously,
Every instruction I've seen tells to clean off all oil from the plates. What oil are you talking about?

Jaxom
07-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Since the scooter uses a 2-cycle engine, I'd guess he's talking about the oil that you mix into the fuel to lubricate the rings and pistons on a normal gas-burner. Since the hydroxy cell will reduce fuel consumption it will also reduce the amount of oil that's carried through the engine with the fuel. This could lead to major problems down the road....it's the very reason I haven't played with HHO on a 2-stroke yet.

You can get oil injection conversion kits for some 2-cycle engines (a SeaDoo I once had used one) so that could be a solution. It injects the lube oiol directly into the airstream so you can run pump gas instead of pre-mixing your oil and fuel.

Bwanar
07-22-2008, 08:42 PM
You also should seal the plates to prevent voltage loss and heat buildup.

zenoptic
07-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Since the scooter uses a 2-cycle engine, I'd guess he's talking about the oil that you mix into the fuel to lubricate the rings and pistons on a normal gas-burner. Since the hydroxy cell will reduce fuel consumption it will also reduce the amount of oil that's carried through the engine with the fuel. This could lead to major problems down the road....it's the very reason I haven't played with HHO on a 2-stroke yet.

You can get oil injection conversion kits for some 2-cycle engines (a SeaDoo I once had used one) so that could be a solution. It injects the lube oiol directly into the airstream so you can run pump gas instead of pre-mixing your oil and fuel.

Yes What he said!

zenoptic
07-23-2008, 05:06 AM
With oil injection and because HHO runs cooler this may work fine on a 2t.

Smith03Jetta
07-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Or you can calculate how much leaner your gasoline will be and add a higher level of 2 cycle oil to your fuel to compensate. Let's say you get 50% fuel savings... Instead of adding 1 unit of oil to a gallon of gas, add 1.5 units of oil to a gallon of gasoline. That will ensure the same amount of 2 cycle engine oil is getting to the cylinders.