PDA

View Full Version : Warning - Safety First!

tbhavsar
07-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Yesterday I hurt my self while drilling holes! As you know it is not easy to drill holes in SS plates and you can go crazy about it. I learned my lesson the hard-way. Please wear all safety gears; safety glass, gloves, shoes, etc…and have proper tools for safe operation. Good luck with your project.

volomike
07-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Are you okay? What happened?

Yeah, I see people using thick acrylic now and making their own see-through electrolyzer containers and was thinking that when that stuff explodes, it creates some really sharp shrapnel that could go right through a neck or rib cage. Heck, even hitting your leg it could rupture an artery that could kill you if you don't get a tournequet on it fast enough and get emergeny medical help.

So, when people start igniting these things for tests, they should probably stand behind something, use goggles, a jacket, or whatever it takes to keep the HHO explosion from killing or hurting themselves really badly.

Phantom240
07-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Why would you be igniting these things in any way that could create a bomb by blowing up into a sealed container? Some of this stuff is just common sense.

And if you have access to a drill press, please use it.

Ronjinsan
07-07-2008, 05:35 AM
All I can say is.....seek help! There are easier ways!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2143375_drill-through-stainless-steel.html

tbhavsar
07-07-2008, 09:08 AM
I hurt my self when plate escaped my grip and hurt my toe. I am ok now.

Smith03Jetta
07-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Shop Safety 101.

Always secure metal, especially stainless in a vice or drill press when drilling holes. A drill bit can and will hang up in metal and cause the metal piece to spin. The piece of metal becomes a spinning blade and anything in the immediate area becomes a target. If you like your fingers and toes, secure the piece of steel that you are grinding, sanding, filing, cutting or drilling with clamps or a vice. Do not stand on a piece of metal to secure it for drilling. It can come loose and slice both feet.

Gloves should not be worn when operating drills, lathes or other types of machinery that contain rotating spindles or cutting tools. Bits can snag on the glove material and pull your hand into the spinning machine. Also do not operate these types of machines while wearing long necklaces, loose fitting clothing, neckties or watches.

Another safety tip. Don't light the gas coming out of your HHO Generator. It will explode and can hurt or kill you.

Mr. Smith