PDA

View Full Version : 2 L per minute joe cell on youtube design

adamcheese
07-06-2008, 10:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PDFrg3U1AQ

wonder if anyone has tried that design. he says he has no Nuetral plates and doesnt have heating issues. hes getting 2L per minute.

im gonna try it. has anyone tried something similiar with N plates? you think it would be work anywhere near as good if i put +n-n+n-n+ etc?

thanks for your imput.

Im gonna use an old spray painter canister (already got holes for everthing at the top!) ill negative the actuall canister to, or u rekon keep it neural?

Stratous
07-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Something fishy about that video. If he is telling you he doesnt have heat problems then he is pulling your leg, unless he is using something other than those 12 volt batteries to supply power. It looks as if the washers are wired up in parallel. That would mean the amperage is split between each washer. He didnt tell us how many amps its drawing or at what voltage.

volomike
07-06-2008, 11:06 AM
And I noticed some moron on YT said "You're generating H2 and O2. There's no such thing as HHO. Please note it for the future." Like duh. Like we didn't know that. It's just that it's easier to say HHO. H20 is the atomic state of water, but HHO is the diatomic state of H2 and O2 kept side by side and not fused together again until some metamorphic process like ignition and combustion to combine the two again into H2O.

dennis13030
07-06-2008, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PDFrg3U1AQ

wonder if anyone has tried that design. he says he has no Nuetral plates and doesnt have heating issues. hes getting 2L per minute.

im gonna try it. has anyone tried something similiar with N plates? you think it would be work anywhere near as good if i put +n-n+n-n+ etc?

thanks for your imput.

Im gonna use an old spray painter canister (already got holes for everthing at the top!) ill negative the actuall canister to, or u rekon keep it neural?

I'd sure would like to know what the current and final temperature was!

Stratous
07-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I would imagine the amperage is around 50 and that the temperature would exceed 150°, but I could be wrong. I have run cells in a similar configuration, I just havent attempted to attach a wire to each plate. I used a common positive and negative SS threadall rod. I dont see a difference in either way of doing it, but maybe I am just not seeing all that I need to see. Guess I should make one and see.

Phantom240
07-06-2008, 01:08 PM
You can take a look at mine. Makes gas like crazy... but also gets hot like crazy too lol.

justaguy
07-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Someone on another forum used the 2 inch washers. He added a second generater run in series and gets over 50 mpg in his toyota . I haven,t been able to find out how he hooked to each washer, I asked but he never told. He is pulling only something like 8 amps per cell and below 100 degree temp.

He is not as giving with his info as most are,lol

h-power
07-06-2008, 05:26 PM
....at the very end of the video he shows the amp gauge is pegged all the way over. Wouldn't doubt for a minute that it's pulling 40 or more amps.

adamcheese
07-06-2008, 08:18 PM
these are the details from his mouth:

"No pulse runs @ 12 v about 31 or 32 amps. wire from the battery to the cell plate leads in 10 ga. The wire to each cell is something like 14 ga.
each wire is soldered to the edge of the washer with acid flux solder. The washer has to be scored heavily with a file in order for this to work and it will still try the patience of any man. It is hard and takes forever but ts worth it."

read the bloggs under he video. how many amps can a 10 gauge wire hold?

Stratous
07-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Then at that rate, there is nothing special about his rig. Actually, his rig is inferior to most others. The acid flux solder wont last long. The 10 gauge wire should handle the heat ok because the amperage is split equally between each circuit in his cell. 2 LPM @ 30 amps not that difficult to attain. His cell though certainly looks impressive because the surface area of his washers. Its like forcing 30 psi of water through a 1/8" hose vs a 1/2" hose. If you put 300 sq/in of plate under the same spacing and load in amperage. you should get the same output, it just wont look as cool because there is so much more surface area for the bubbles to form on.

adamcheese
07-06-2008, 08:43 PM
ok strat thanks, do you think i should negative my casing also? its and old spray gun casing. dunno what metal, looks like alloy - a real white light shiney metal? i have a few extra questions to;

1.) bubbler benificial for cooling?
2.) check valve not neccessary with bubbler or at all? (im guessing it would blow at a join, expecially with a metal casing, i cant see a reason for no presure release anyway)
3.) im thinking of drilling a small hole in each washer, tying wire to each then a little solder each side, u think that will hold?

Thanks!!! im gonna do it today!

Stratous
07-06-2008, 08:51 PM
ok strat thanks, do you think i should negative my casing also? its and old spray gun casing. dunno what metal, looks like alloy - a real white light shiney metal? i have a few extra questions to;

1.) bubbler benificial for cooling?
2.) check valve not neccessary with bubbler or at all? (im guessing it would blow at a join, expecially with a metal casing, i cant see a reason for no presure release anyway)
3.) im thinking of drilling a small hole in each washer, tying wire to each then a little solder each side, u think that will hold?

Thanks!!! im gonna do it today!

Bubblers dont help keep your generator cool
If your going to run your gen on vaccume, then a check valve will be required between the gen and bubbler. Bubblers are a must in my opinion.
If the metal casing is not the same metal as your washers, then do use it. Dissimilar metals will cause corrosion and or harmful chemicals to be realeased. Also if your going to use sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide or any other popular alkaine then your case will most likey get eaten. I would imagine that your paint spray can is made of aluminum and that is bad when mixed with an alkaline.
I cant help you with the solder part, personally I would not reproduce the design with several wires. If a wire comes loose during operation and shorts out, your asking for trouble.

adamcheese
07-06-2008, 09:03 PM
im gonna use baking soda, and if i use distilled water then can i use my spaypaint can?

Stratous
07-06-2008, 09:08 PM
im gonna use baking soda, and if i use distilled water then can i use my spaypaint can?

You can try, the worst thing that will happen is your water turning nasty or your anode/cathode being eaten. Then again, nothing may happen. Not sure what will happen because I dont know what metals you are using.

Ronjinsan
07-07-2008, 05:23 AM
How on earth does this contraption qualify as a Joe cell in any way? He is probably wearing welders gloves and a mask when he connects it!!!:D

sandman
07-09-2008, 11:39 PM
It pulls 28 to 32 amps. My amp guages highest reading is 30 amps ,and yes the solder and copper wire corroded quickly. It was put together as a preliminary test. I have since built a new reactor with stainless steel wire tig welded which holds well and does not corrode away. The temp pegs out at some where between 140 and 160 F. I will post new videos as soon as I am able. ( I am 1000 miles from home right now) I will also post videos of millage test runs. Any doubting Thomas's can build your own for under $50. The key is using ALL stainless steel and a container that wont melt down at 160 F.

butchc
07-10-2008, 10:09 PM
My guess is that it wasn't a true Joe cell. From what I have read, they don't act like a HHO cell at all, and they don't generate HHO gas. The websites all talk about some gas called "Orgone" that they produce. Google "Joe cell" -- plenty to read, but probably don't belong on this forum.

rmptr
07-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Nah, the orgone energy is a Wilhelm Reich esoteric thing, in the least, not supported by science, or physics.

It's all fun stuff, but here at HHO Forums, I would advise we leave all that good stuff for some other forum.

My two cents.

Best