PDA

View Full Version : HHO generator with cooling device!

Gregoryn
07-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Hello! Join in this great community is a pleasure for me!

I am really intresting on this idea so i just order a genarator from ebay.

Here are the photos:

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/8747/generator1fm3.th.png (http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=generator1fm3.png)

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3654/generatorbubblernv5.th.png (http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=generatorbubblernv5.png)

Seller says that it can withstand temperatures of up to 270 F and can product +2 lpm. Have in mind that i will receive only one generator and not the pair you can see on the photos.

By the way i have order a dual map sensor.

I will install the whole system on my city car. Its a Suzuki Ignis 1.3 L 92000km.

I am looking forward to receive your opinion about the generator and this strange cooling device!

This i a totaly unknown technology here in Greece so i am sure that i will need help during the setup and adjust of the generator!

dennis13030
07-06-2008, 01:27 PM
I would be interested to know what the normal current draw is and what the final temperature is.

Gregoryn
07-06-2008, 02:31 PM
This is the reason i pick this generator instead of other cheaper systems. The design and the description promise good production of HHO without too high tempretures. As soon as i will install and test it i will inform you.

timetowinarace
07-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Nothing wrong with the cooler idea except I would have a very hard time finding the space to mount it over the electrolyser in an engine compartment. Unless the picture is actuall size :D.

Stratous
07-06-2008, 08:40 PM
amazing how much that looks like my design...lol. His plates are spaced differently, but other than that....

h-power
07-06-2008, 11:11 PM
I have some serious doubts about this design. The hot electrolyte is supposed to rise to the upper chamber and descend after it cools. The included text states "Cooling system acts as bubbler/flashback arrestor"
Any flashback is coming straight to the top of that gas collection chamber. Really bad idea!!
All plates are either + or - and therefore this cell design is going to draw a helluva lot of current. I doubt that the cooling system will be able to handle the load. I'll be interested to hear the results.

Gregoryn
07-07-2008, 01:50 AM
I have some serious doubts about this design. The hot electrolyte is supposed to rise to the upper chamber and descend after it cools. The included text states "Cooling system acts as bubbler/flashback arrestor"
Any flashback is coming straight to the top of that gas collection chamber. Really bad idea!!
All plates are either + or - and therefore this cell design is going to draw a helluva lot of current. I doubt that the cooling system will be able to handle the load. I'll be interested to hear the results.

So, it is a good idea to use an ''original'' bubbler after the cooling device and a check valve after it? Or i miss the point?

Stratous
07-07-2008, 01:58 AM
You should buy my cell....lol. Its much cheaper and will do just as good.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=253&highlight=double

volomike
07-07-2008, 02:02 AM
Yep. Use either a bubbler or a valve that lets gas through in one direction.

The units in your images are beautiful, but consume too much space to be practical for me and many others. Some people stick the electrolyzer in the back of the vehicle, but that's a very bad idea because it means you have a lot of HHO collecting in the long line going from back to front -- and an engine backfire could be deadly in that case.

One option is to move your large window washer unit to the back of the vehicle in the trunk with a long line, and then use the leftover space for a large-style electrolyzer in the engine area.

I do like the use of thick acrylic for the cases -- they resist heat very well, allow you to see any problems in your electrolyzer, allow you to see how much HHO is coming out, can survive jarring (unlike glass jars), and are easy to construct with large acrylic sheets.

Stratous
07-07-2008, 02:07 AM
Its not more dangerous that having it in the engine compartment. The amount of HHO in one square ince of tubing is no different either way. The elxplosion would be larger in a long tube, but not more powerful because it will be spread out over a larger distance. Besides, if you put the bubbler in the engine compartment then the HHO in the line will not detonate past the bubbler. Honestly, I dont believe it to be any more "dangerous" than placing it any place else. In a fuel injected vehicle, the odds of having a backfire are very very slim anyways. If I can blow up a 500ml bottle full of HHO w/o hurting the bottle, then the vaccume line will absorb the small explosion. I will admit my units are large, but I did that for a reason. I can produce smaller sizes if required. Large is better for heat dissipation and will also take much longer to get "Hot"

Gregoryn
07-07-2008, 03:46 AM
You should buy my cell....lol. Its much cheaper and will do just as good.

http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=253&highlight=double

Hehe! Maybe i will think about it for the rest cars of my family!
If the results of this first try are positive...

timetowinarace
07-07-2008, 12:08 PM
Its not more dangerous that having it in the engine compartment. The amount of HHO in one square ince of tubing is no different either way. The elxplosion would be larger in a long tube, but not more powerful because it will be spread out over a larger distance. Besides, if you put the bubbler in the engine compartment then the HHO in the line will not detonate past the bubbler. Honestly, I dont believe it to be any more "dangerous" than placing it any place else. In a fuel injected vehicle, the odds of having a backfire are very very slim anyways. If I can blow up a 500ml bottle full of HHO w/o hurting the bottle, then the vaccume line will absorb the small explosion. I will admit my units are large, but I did that for a reason. I can produce smaller sizes if required. Large is better for heat dissipation and will also take much longer to get "Hot"

I agree with all of it. But I still think if the unit is to be somewhat large, it would be easier to put the battery in the trunk and the unit where the battery was. This would also be more advantagous if you planned to use vacuum. A longer distance to the unit would certainly hamper vacuum pressure.

Stratous
07-07-2008, 03:10 PM
I agree with all of it. But I still think if the unit is to be somewhat large, it would be easier to put the battery in the trunk and the unit where the battery was. This would also be more advantagous if you planned to use vacuum. A longer distance to the unit would certainly hamper vacuum pressure.

I agree whole heartedly. I like the idea of placing the battery in the trunk. My whole argument wasnt based on location. Just on the percieved increased danger.