PDA

View Full Version : Wideband Efie

Atechguy
07-06-2008, 12:28 PM
HI THERE, this is what i am trying to figure out , i have a wideband 02 which operates on 1-5 volts ,i don't want to buy the expensive wideband kits. I thought if i took a normal efie and changed the 200k adjustable Pot. to a 10k ??Is this going to fry the circiut or can it handle the higher voltage/amps.?? Or maybe i need to start with 100k ? ANNNNYYBODY .:confused:oh i am putting a hho kit on.

rzone
07-07-2008, 03:29 PM
If you have the efie that (almost) everybody use, with the transformer output, you have to increase that pot up to 1M but that won't guarantee the job. You have to remove the pot and measure the voltage across the capacitor, if suit your purpose replace it with 1M pot. If is another version of efie, if you show me the schematic I can tell you if (and what) you can modify.

Stratous
07-07-2008, 03:33 PM
HI THERE, this is what i am trying to figure out , i have a wideband 02 which operates on 1-5 volts ,i don't want to buy the expensive wideband kits. I thought if i took a normal efie and changed the 200k adjustable Pot. to a 10k ??Is this going to fry the circiut or can it handle the higher voltage/amps.?? Or maybe i need to start with 100k ? ANNNNYYBODY .:confused:oh i am putting a hho kit on.

I believe Mr. Smith has some experiance with wide band sensors. Perhaps he can help you. Perhaps the information you seek is in this thread. http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=61

Atechguy
07-07-2008, 07:16 PM
THANKS ! rzone and Stratous appreciate your help, i drove today with my efie on ,i read to reverse the leads for the wideband , That is the input from 02 wire Green and output wire to ecu white. I notice a difference today i don't have my HHO CELL ON YET, but could tell it was running leaner, no Trouble lites , i runnung with a little lucas ,2cycle acetone xylene mixture:eek:for boost and protection , can't wait to put my hho cell on . I have prewired it for the arrival . I have dual relays 1 is a back up, also 30 amp fuse to start for now and digital amp meter. I am contemplating buying a tuner/flash/logger etc softare piggyback ecu for my vehicle to change the a/f , timing if necessary, MAP/AIT . 02 sensor values etc. Will keep you posted on results but won't be installed for a week or 2. Thanks:rolleyes:

Smith03Jetta
07-08-2008, 04:56 PM
How is the EFIE working on your wideband O2 sensor now that youve had a few days to test it out?

Atechguy
07-08-2008, 06:08 PM
HI! Smith3...J WELL the trouble lite came on today with PO136 code front 02 sensor it occassionally has a bit of sputter, less performance but i expected that until i get the HHO cell on, the other thing is i don't think this efie is totally a good one i feel the varible pot. has been over tweaked its an older ER one, so i have to llok over your post i think you have a revised circuit or there was someone else with same idea on different forum , i'm propably going to go the SMT Perfect Power P6 piggyback ecu to do my tune i think this is the only way to with fuel injection cars , i would like to have 3 different maps i could load on the fly stock, economy, performance . I may not be able to do all that. I have a good chance to buy it for $150. For my 01 Subaru Forester i can't find anything on the Romaider or OpenECUSource that will make tuning changes. Still have a week or more before my HHO Cell is here. Will keep you posted.:DO O ya and so far i can see a small increase in mileage still have rest of tank to finish.

greuvin
07-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Hi, I'm also trying this with a Subaru Outback. Same 2.5 boxer as yours. Please let me know your results with the EFIE. I have my HHO hooked up, but no mileage gains as yet. More power, but no mpg increase. Wondering if the EFIE will help sort it out.

Atechguy
07-09-2008, 06:02 PM
HI! Greuvin,. I have increased mileage with this efie , but i want to wait until i'm done the tank, i have loss some power and it sputters every once in a while, but expected that. Will be trying upgrade or repair the efie i have. What year is your outback it may have a narrowband 02 depends that year it is. Trying to get better gas mileage with fuel injected cars is harder to do. Thats why i may try the Smt Perfect Power piggyback ecu, to change the stock Ecu map. If you do an efie you will need to do a Map/AIT Enhancer also , you may have MAF sensor instead i don't know the year.Will be posting as i can. Thanks.:)

Atechguy
07-11-2008, 06:18 PM
Just a quick post have improved gas mileage with just efie and lucas/2cycle oil/xylene/acetone mixture :eek:31.8 mi/gal mostly highway .01 Subaru Forester 207000km 5 speed .Not sure how much i have increased it about 2 -3 miles / the gal. Still waiting for HH0 Kit.:rolleyes:

rzone
07-12-2008, 02:11 AM
You can achieve this or more by efie only, even without that mixture, but your exhaust gas won't meet the requirements and if you still have the catalytic converter it won't like it very much.

Atechguy
07-12-2008, 07:46 AM
If you have the efie that (almost) everybody use, with the transformer output, you have to increase that pot up to 1M but that won't guarantee the job. You have to remove the pot and measure the voltage across the capacitor, if suit your purpose replace it with 1M pot. If is another version of efie, if you show me the schematic I can tell you if (and what) you can modify.

I have the older Eagle research efie if you don't have schematic i will try to get it on post have to run.Thanks for your help.