PDA

View Full Version : On/Off at idle ?

mikestrikes
07-06-2008, 02:16 PM
I would think that when at idle say at a long RED Light you would get a build up of HHO in the intake tube..... would it be a good idea to have a micro switch mounted on the throttle to cut the relay on/off so to only produce HHO when moving ?

I have a 1998 Honda CRV I will be converting after I get a good generator built, for now I am reading and learning as much as I can. This forum has the most info in one place I've seen so far........Thanks.

Also on my CRV I will need something to fool the ECU to get the most from this ? And will I need to re-time it any ? It has a distributor so that would be easy enough I would think..

It gets 23-24 mpg around town now, so I'm hope'n for 35-40 mpg. Is this feasible ?

mikestrikes
07-06-2008, 10:42 PM
SOOO I take it this isn't worth doing ?

Stratous
07-06-2008, 10:45 PM
I turn off my generator when at slow speeds, and when I am stopped at red lights.

mikestrikes
07-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I turn off my generator when at slow speeds, and when I am stopped at red lights.

So someone else does this. Sweet.... I was just thinking it wouldnt help much at low idle so why run it. I will look into a micro switch to switch on the relay going to the genarator when the throttle is applied.

Now my other question....

Also on my CRV will I need something to fool the ECU to get the most from this ? And will I need to re-time it any ? It has a distributor so that would be easy enough I would think..

It gets 23-24 mpg around town now, so I'm hope'n for 35-40 mpg. Is this feasible ?

adamcheese
07-06-2008, 11:46 PM
wouldnt your car just suck in more hho over gas at idle??

Ronjinsan
07-07-2008, 05:19 AM
If you have a carb, put a T piece into the vacuum line and tee it off to the other vacuum inside the venturi so that one takes over from the other.