PDA

View Full Version : My first HHO Generator doesnt work!

Shawnster
07-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I built my first HHo generator toady and I'm having problems with the gas coming out of it..I'm using a Tupperware bowl with a sealing lid(its just a prototype) I'm using 4 ss plates and I have a 1/4 connector on top of the generator with a 1/4" clear hose going to a bubblier..now when I apply power to it, its working fine, drawing about 12 amps but the gas is not going into the bubblier, i have to crack the lid on the container so It wont blow..does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?? Thanks

justaguy
07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
So, the bowl is swelling up with gas but its not going into the bubbler? I,m sure you have water in the bubbler with the line run to the bottom? No bubbles at all? If the bowl wasn't swelling i,d think you had no gas but that much pressure would have to create bubbles in the bubbler you would think.

Maybe the bowl is just too flexable.

rmptr
07-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Shawn, try a bubbler vent in the cell.

Irrigation Dial-A-Flo Emitter (adjustable) by AGRIFIM sold at True Value hardware store.

Cost: 79c to $2.50.

Part # DAFB has a 1/4" barbed inlet and knob on top.
Part # DAFT has a 1/4" threaded inlet and knob on top.

Pierce top of container, install and glue down emitter thingy...
Put tube on barbed end, inside container, that reaches near bottom of electrolyte.

Adjust it so it bubbles a bit while cell is on.

Best

dennis13030
07-06-2008, 05:28 PM
I built my first HHo generator toady and I'm having problems with the gas coming out of it..I'm using a Tupperware bowl with a sealing lid(its just a prototype) I'm using 4 ss plates and I have a 1/4 connector on top of the generator with a 1/4" clear hose going to a bubblier..now when I apply power to it, its working fine, drawing about 12 amps but the gas is not going into the bubblier, i have to crack the lid on the container so It wont blow..does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?? Thanks

Try disconnecting the output off the electrolyzer and blowing through the tube. You should see bubbles being made in the bubbler. If you do not, there is a blockage somewhere, find it and fix it. If you do see the bubbles, check for voids in the seal of the electrolyzer or output port. Also check for blockage between the electrolyzer and output port.

Stratous
07-06-2008, 05:37 PM

The bubbler should have two holes, one for inflowing gas and one for out flowing gas. If you dont have the outflow on the bubbler then that would explain the problem. The gas pressure has no escape and is filling the bubbler and generator.

Shawnster
07-06-2008, 07:32 PM
I got it to work! the tupperware bowl didn't have that tight of a seal so I think the gas was escaping, so I'm using a thick plastic pickle bucket with a thick seal..I put the plates in there and redid my bubblier, it to was leaking..the only think with the bucket is that is is white and you cant see whats going on but that's alright, it was producing gas and drawing around 15-20 amps..I think I got it right now, the only thing that bothered me is that I'm reading around 500 ohms on the plates..is that normal? the next thing to do now is hook it up to my truck and see if it works..yes, I am a sceptic but it does work!! Thanks

Ronjinsan
07-07-2008, 05:27 AM
Where are you plugging the output to Shawn?

sanjaykrishna747
01-02-2014, 06:32 AM
its happening to me too....the generator is working but not producing bubbles...thers some green and brown foam on the surface of the water and t would be warm too...i have built a wet hho generator using 9 stainless steel......what should i do?please help me!

asimehsan
01-05-2014, 09:17 PM
can u please send me some pics of ur generator. What is the configuration of ur generator mean how many plates it contain and its size and number of neutral plates?